8-year-old accidentally shoots 7-year-old in Griffin

commodon

NES Member
Capture_20190415230920.PNG

An 8-year-old accidentally shot a 7-year-old boy in the stomach as the two played with a .45-caliber handgun Monday, Griffin police said.

The two children were home alone at the Griffin Crossings apartment complex off West McIntosh Road when they found the weapon, authorities said in a news release. As they played with it, the gun accidentally discharged, hitting the 7-year-old.

Police, firefighters and emergency medical services all responded to the scene, and the boy was flown to a hospital. The child, whose condition is unknown, is undergoing surgery, the release said.

No foul play is suspected, and an investigation is ongoing. The Department of Family and Children Services is also assisting in the investigation.

From 8-year-old accidentally shoots 7-year-old in Griffin

THIS is why you teach your kids how to handle firearms safely when they are very young. you may lock up your guns at home, but how do you know one of their playmates does not have an irresponsible parent "hiding" a loaded gun under their bed...that your kid and his playmate find.

I could load, unload, use the safety on a rifle when i was five years old. Was an ok shot by the time i was six. Went to the range enough times that finding a gun under a bed would not have been an exciting thing to play with!

Back
Top Bottom