• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

7th Annual NES Gunpowder Pig Firearms Festival Car Shoot @ MRGCI - PHOTO/VIDEO THREAD

Target Vehicle Prime: Mercedes 420SEL
NES_MRGCI_GPFFVII_Mercedes-420SEL_target_vehicle.jpg

The star of the show ...Mr. Pig ...Rob and Jim cut'n'shred
NES_MRGCI_GPFFVII_Rob_cuts_and_Jim _shreds.jpg

The opening volley ...RSO NH GP-100's pre-war Browning A5 expends a shell
NES_MRGCI_GPFFVII_opening_volley.jpg

Opening volley spectators ...loki2568 looks on along with the rest
NES_MRGCI_GPFFVII_opening_volley_spectators.jpg

Namedpipes and his gunny friend Rosemary while Bill Katt makes a selection for the afternoon's activities
NES_GPFFVII_opening_volley_spectators2.jpg

Falcon123 reports back to the mothership in orbit ...damn this tricorder ...while NHRedneck let's his boss know that there will be plenty of lead in the salvage as per usual
NES_MRGCI_GPFFVII_spectators3.jpg

The usual suspects
NES_MRGCI_GPFFVII_the_usual_suspects.jpg

Minininjer converses with her friend Stefanie (a shotgunner BTW) under the canopy ...NOTE:the first (and all thereafter mind you) upskirt reference gets banned from all future MRGCI events
NES_MRGCI_GPFFVII_minininjer_and_Stefanie.jpg

The Orange Blossom Special ...the muzzle break/flash hider's effect captured by the camera
NES_MRGCI_GPFFVII_spread_flame_cloud.jpg

RSO Shop Keeper keeps 'em moving
NES_MRGCI_GPFFVII_RSO_Shop_Keeper.jpg

The next line leaves muster
NES_MRGCI_GPFFVII_next_line_leaves_muster.jpg

The firing squad assembles at the muster point
NES_MRGCI_GPFFVII_the_firing_squad.jpg

A "hot" break between volleys ...RSOs tripwire and Jim Q. confer about matters of the day
NES_MRGCI_GPFFVII_between_volleys.jpg

NFA Class III rat-a-tat-tat
NES_MRGCI_GPFFVII_NFA_Class-III.jpg

...more when I can find the time

Last edited:
Here's another image from the opening shot at the GPFFVII, the Panzerschreck just milliseconds after the trigger-pull. Note the yet-to-be burned particulate that precedes the projectile's exit from the muzzle. They did sometimes refer to this weapon as the "Ofenrohr", or stove pipe, and besides the obvious physical similarity, you can see why ...fire down below, and smoke out-of-the-chimney.

From Wikipedia: Panzerschreck (lit. "tank fright", "tank's fright" or "tank's bane") was the popular name for the Raketenpanzerbüchse (abbreviated to RPzB), an 88 mm calibre reusable anti-tank rocket launcher developed by Nazi Germany in World War II.

panzerschreck_another_image_a%20_few_milliseconds_after_trigger_pull_GFFVII_081515.jpg

And here's (in three images) a pan of the onlookers just after the shot. You can see the exhaust smoke hanging in-the-air where individuals were standing just to the side of the 'Schrek. Note the many smiles of bemusement.

panzerschreck_opening_shot_at_NES-MRGCI-GFFVII_081515_onlookers_as_smoke_clears_pan1.jpg

panzerschreck_opening_shot_at_NES-MRGCI-GFFVII_081515_onlookers_as_smoke_clears_pan2.jpg

panzerschreck_opening_shot_at_NES-MRGCI-GFFVII_081515_onlookers_as_smoke_clears_pan3..jpg

Last edited:
Awesome shots. My buddy is still drooling every time he thinks about it. He, as well as My Love, will be at the pumpkin shoot.

Monadnock - Nice catch with the A5. I am hoping someone catches me in a profile shot with that or the mini-30 scout setup with brass in the the air next time out (minininjer maybe as well?). I want to use it for my fb banner, piss a few folks off...

MSant - thanks for the Vepr gig. I wouldn't mind running that again. Also, I'll bring plenty of ammo for the Mini-30 (she's a picky eater) for your ladyfriend to use if she has a mind too.

I will mostly be playing with the A5 and the GP myself. 125gr XTPs moving at 1500+ fps do a fairly nice job on pumpkins...

On another note: I was handed a pair of sunglasses when I was RSO'ing. They look like a fairly pricey pair of Z.87 shooting sunglasses. If you have a pair like that missing, please PM me with a description and I will get them to you somehow.

Last edited:
My pleasure. Halfway through the day I realized i had a 50 cal can full of non corrosive for the vepr. Thanks for letting her run that mini 30. We got home there was a safe exploration seaaion. Looks like I am bringing one for the next shoot, but she still likes yours best.

NH-GP100 - Thank you so much for letting me play with the mini-30 (And yes, I like yours better... the scope is nice. [grin] ) If you let us know what she likes to eat, perhaps we've got some stashed away...

And now that I've taken the plunge into membership, I'll post some of my pics from the last shoot later...

NH-GP100 - Thank you so much for letting me play with the mini-30 (And yes, I like yours better... the scope is nice. [grin] ) If you let us know what she likes to eat, perhaps we've got some stashed away...

And now that I've taken the plunge into membership, I'll post some of my pics from the last shoot later...

I do like that scout mount setup, but it's too much scope for it. In time it will be replaced by a fixed 2-4 power of some type, but not likely anytime soon.

As for ammo, brass cased boxer primed (I run Fiocchi and Red Army Elite) , or MFS steel (which is boxer primed), or Silver Bear.

The Mini-30 is known for being picky about ammo. This one will do pretty well, but cheap com-block steel is a no-no. In my reloads I use CCI primers, which are hard (for civvy boxer primers), and have run the CCI #34, which is even harder, with no issues, but seating depth is also important. Stuff with hard primers set low and designed to be run in both full auto and stuff like AK's and SKS's (Tula, Golden Tiger spamcan, etc) are out.

No tula then?

Nope. Hard primers set low. Any brass cased boxer primed (Red Army Elite is cheapest) or MFS and Silver Bear steel.

I'll gladly do a 1:1 trade (or whatever) though running stuff through yours. I have plenty stocked aside so I'm never gonna worry about a mag full here and there, and lord knows I have run plenty of other folks ammo... You got plenty of toys for me to play with, so I don't really see it as an issue.

Now, if you're talking about a couple hundred rounds - swing by Shooters Outpost and pick up a RAE range pack or 2. cheaper than Fiocchi and only slightly more than the steel I can run in it. And no, I don't care if you run it all day, as long as you don't melt the barrel.

Now, if you're talking about a couple hundred rounds - swing by Shooters Outpost and pick up a RAE range pack or 2. cheaper than Fiocchi and only slightly more than the steel I can run in it. And no, I don't care if you run it all day, as long as you don't melt the barrel.

Lol! Only thing I run a couple hundred rounds through is my SR9C!
And if the barrel starts to melt, I'll just shove it in a pile of snow! (Just kidding!) :)

Back
Top Bottom