• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking at a FN 1922...Value?

Viper22

NES Member
So I stopped and looked around at one of my local shops. I saw a FN that I recognized from the latest issue of Surplus Firearms magazine. It turned out to be a FN 1922. The finish is about 50 to 70%, with the Nazi proof below the ejection port ground off. It has numerous eagle proofmarks (Waffenamts?). The bore is nice and shiny. The asking price is $175.

Is that a decent price? What am I looking for as far as more desireable proof marks, etc???

Last edited:
Copied and pasted from the site you linked:

FN Browning M1922 7.65/9 Nazi 1940-44 (1910/22) BEL 75-135 125-225 210-320 300-450 435-550 530-660 Rare

The 125-225 range is listed as "Fair", which is what I would rate this gun at. I suppose $175 is an okay price. It probably would be priced in the 300 range if the Nazi proofmark was still intact.

Thanks for the link. I'll do more searching. I figured I would use the knowledgable members here.

IMO its a good price. You'll be paying under $200 for a well made handgun. Even if you keep it for a shooter and add a mint example later on as a safe queen, you're still doing ok.
Sometimes something like a defaced proof mark, loss of bluing, slight pitting, etc. can all be used as a tool for haggling and getting it for a better price.[wink]

I think I'm going to pick it up next week. I was looking at ammo prices today, and .32 Auto/7.65 Browning is the same per box as 9mm, .38spl, and .357 mag!

Is this available as surplus ammo or just new manufacture?

I think I'm going to pick it up next week. I was looking at ammo prices today, and .32 Auto/7.65 Browning is the same per box as 9mm, .38spl, and .357 mag!

Is this available as surplus ammo or just new manufacture?

I've only seen new production but there is plenty of foreign stuff (Prvi, Fiocchi) out there thats priced not too bad.

I've only seen new production but there is plenty of foreign stuff (Prvi, Fiocchi) out there thats priced not too bad.

I stopped by ZHA and Sportsmens Den today, both were priced at $19.99/box of 50.

ZHA had Fiocchi and Sportsmens Den had Remington IIRC...

ARRGGHHH!!! I should have bought the gun Friday!!!

I was going to buy the FN Friday afternoon, but the dealer gave me the option to think about it and he'll hold it for a week. So I said ok, and did some research yesterday and today.

Now I want the gun even more! I should have just picked it up Friday...Now I have to wait until the second half of next week to get it! BAH!!!

Back
Top Bottom