77% of 18-24 yr old Americans Unfit for Military Service

One other reason is most can’t pass the ASVAB which is a 10th grade level test. I just heard from a Recruiter that the Navy is taking people with a score of 11 on the ASVAB.
They are taking older people as well. I have an acquaintance leaving for Great Lakes tomorrow…..at 40 years old.

I read a main reason for the obesity in kids is SNAP Bennies. Snap allows shitbags to buy soda, ice cream, cookies and candy which they substitute for more expensive healthy food. The Govt. needs to restrict the junk food these shitbags are allowed to purchase with OUR money and mandate healthy food especially to card holders with kids. WTF?

My son met with a recruiter for the NG and was thinking about joining to be able to play in a military band. He is one of the 23% that is fit for service. Good shape, smart, doesn't use drugs.
When I go up to his school, I am amazed by how out of shape a lot kids are, not only the young men doughy and look like they couldn't get out of their way but the young women are just a train wreck. There are more fat 20 year olds than I have ever seen.

My son met with a recruiter for the NG and was thinking about joining to be able to play in a military band. He is one of the 23% that is fit for service. Good shape, smart, doesn't use drugs.
When I go up to his school, I am amazed by how out of shape a lot kids are, not only the young men doughy and look like they couldn't get out of their way but the young women are just a train wreck. There are more fat 20 year olds than I have ever seen.
What State NG?

Military bands are usually TOUGH to get into, even Reserve/Guard. I know some guys in various military bands and the auditions, said one of them, were harder than the ones he did to get into Berklee.

Military bands are usually TOUGH to get into, even Reserve/Guard. I know some guys in various military bands and the auditions, said one of them, were harder than the ones he did to get into Berklee.
The MANG Band used to be based out of Fall River/New Bedford and yes they don't usually have to many open slots. Most Soldiers in the Band stay forever.

He's a pretty good trombonist and was invited to play with the Airmen of Note when he was in high school. He's a music education major and plays all low brass and is learning piano. He also plays with the Lawrence Italian American band and All American band. Those are paid gigs, playing parades and festivals.

They are taking older people as well. I have an acquaintance leaving for Great Lakes tomorrow…..at 40 years old.
Actually my BIL’s brother had to go back through boot camp at 49. He was rejoining the guard after having been out for over 10 years. Luckily he goes to the gym every day and works out constantly so he ran circles around the 18 year olds.

Back
Top Bottom