• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

7 News

Yup. Pretty scary. I'd like to think that the reporter and the cameraman knew what they were doing and took all the precautions that they take in the movies when they film scenes like that, but somehow I doubt it.

ETA: I also seem to recall the story describing the gun as "legally registered," which I thought was interesting seeing as how the incident happened in Pelham, NH.

Im glad the homeowner had a real weapon ,.not a bat. The reporter ,at first ,had his finger on the trigger then quickly took it off ,,when he pointed the laser at the camera. Very poor trigger control. The camera man must have craped his pants..

If the guy broke in and refused to leave, and refused to comply to any other order (which would have been get down on the ground, on your stomach, cross your legs and put your hands behind your back), I'd probably have shot him.

Bad on the paper to say the guy was a licensed gun owner. I guess they have to make people in Massachusetts feel better.

Interesting video from the 13th. The one from the 14th is missing the reporter aiming the gun.

Most notably, the reported states that the police "eventually got there". I am curious how long "eventually" is.

-R

Saw the video online. I'd never have spoken to the Media if something like that happened to me, let alone let them in my house. I also would have never let them hold my pistol or swing it around like that. If they crowded my house, I'd go out there with a rifle over my shoulder and ask them to leave before I called the police for them trespassing.

If the guy broke in and refused to leave, and refused to comply to any other order (which would have been get down on the ground, on your stomach, cross your legs and put your hands behind your back), I'd probably have shot him.

Bad on the paper to say the guy was a licensed gun owner. I guess they have to make people in Massachusetts feel better.

I would have gone thru his pockets for loose change before the cops arrived. Jack.

I agree, but in this situation I think that OC spray is your friend. Naturally he might accidentally flail around into a few cabinets afterward. [laugh]

OK this one is close to home. Real close.

I'm sending this to my wife so she'll have a better understanding of why there are precautions taken for such things

Last edited:
I am glad he stopped the intruder... I don't know if I would have put myself on the news though. Maybe just a statement saying I was glad I could defend my home and property and thanks for your concern.

Great story of a successful home defense by a homeowner that was armed, used his head and never had to fire the handgun. Could not be a better example to the nongunowning public about how it is supposed to work.

Back
Top Bottom