1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

7 killed , 3 hurt in motorcycle-truck accident in Randolph NH

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by calsdad, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Super99Z

Super99Z NES Member

Bro, haven't you ever turned your life around? It takes what it takes apparently.

mibro likes this.

2. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Massachusetts Man Arrested In Deadly NH Motorcycle Crash
    During a search of Zhukovskyy’s home, police said troopers found wax packets containing a substance believed to be heroin. They said the substance will be tested and Zhukovskyy will face additional charges if the substance is an illegal narcotic.

Zhukovskyy was driving a Westfield Transport truck in New Hampshire Friday night when he collided with 10 motorcyclists, according to Damien Gasanov of Westfield Transport.

Gasanov said Zhukovskyy was on his way back to western Massachusetts when the accident happended. Seven motorcyclists were killed and three others were injured in the crash.

Zhukovskyy was a new driver and the trip was only his second with the company, Gasanov said.

Eyewitness News obtained Zhukovskyy’s driving record from the Massachusetts RMV, which lists a violation for “operating under the influence” in 2013 and two violations for “at fault for an accident” in 2012 and 2014.

Most recently, Connecticut court records show Zhukovskyy was charged with operating under the influence on May 11.
    ----------------
    Let's assume you are running your own company. Would you hitch a trailer to a pickup truck and let your employee freshly charged with operating under the influence drive that train to New Hampshire?

Would you hire a driver who has documented driving problems from the time he was legally allowed to drive?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  3. HARRYM

HARRYM NES Member

One needs to begin to live the straight and narrow before one can claim to have "turned" their life around. Reminds me of the Dindunuffin players that get taken out in some sort of criminal activity and their relatives are on the TV crying "they had just turned their life around".

10thSFFD likes this.
  4. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Turning life around and finding myself should be google ad words for millennials.

timbo likes this.
  5. richc

richc NES Member

I fully agree there are ways to make yourself safer when riding a bike. And I was not aware of the air bag vests. That's a very cool invention!

I think my point was that no matter what you do, whether you're a new rider or wearing a helmet or even under the influence, a motorcycle loses in an accident against a vehicle. Especially a vehicle that is driven by a distracted driver or someone driving under the influence, something we sadly see with regularity these days. I don't think anyone can dispute this.

I expect all of the riders in NH were quite experienced. I expect none were under the influence of anything more than a good breakfast. I have no idea if they were wearing helmets but I doubt it would have mattered in this single case. And despite all of this they lost their lives because of one a**h*** driver.

When I'll die? Who knows. At the moment I've outlived my Dad and grandfathers. I should lose 50 pounds or more. I love steak and other foods that are bad for me. Yet I persist. We all take chances.

RIP Marines and other riders.

6. jron

jron NES Member

People in here are a real peachy.... as long as you agree with them

NickLeduc, Coda and GomerPile like this.
  7. The5thDentist

The5thDentist NES Life Member NES Member

Oh no. "Finding myself" is a Boomer thing.

10thSFFD likes this.
  8. The5thDentist

The5thDentist NES Life Member NES Member

Not Gopnik either. Gopnik would squat.

squatting-slavs-758x421.jpg

9. Jason Flare

Jason Flare NES Member

The government didn’t do enough here to stop this from happening.

/s

10thSFFD and jpk like this.
  10. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

You should do a little research on diet . There is increasing evidence that eating steak is,probably better for you than most of the stuff that's considered a normal diet these days

xjma99, rickflst, mibro and 3 others like this.
  11. Coda

Coda NES Member

As much as I want to pile on this guy you make some really good points. Tough to disagree with anything you said. Really good post.

That does not mean I am any less sympathetic to the victims of this horrible tragedy. Thoughts and prayers to all of them.

NickLeduc likes this.
  12. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

I was looking for that video someone posted her awhile back about bike safety. Guy had a Aussie or Brit accent and demonstrated what drivers see when bikers are coming toward them. I have a friend who posted that she saw a motorcycle accident and was blaming the drivers for not paying attention. Wanted to give her some context that it's not always the driver's fault. Anyone know where the video is?

Thanks

buckfarack likes this.
  13. NickLeduc

NickLeduc NES Member

Same here. I am a motorcycle enthusiast and those Marines gave more to this country than I could ever. But I do believe in facts and a court of law. Not hear say thru the media or leaked facts from Leos that want to build a case. I will join the lynch mob when he agree to the facts in court and pleads out or is found guilty.

xjma99, Coda and timbo like this.
  14. NickLeduc

NickLeduc NES Member

His rights have not been violated. But from the sounds of this thread, seems like he has already been found guilty. I'm not sticking up for the guy, but there is some pretty funny strong opinions of his guilt already. Is he a diabetic? Did he suffer from a medical emergency prior to the accident that caused him to lose control? Or is he a junkie that nodded off at the wheel and was driving an unsafe rig? These are questions that should be sorted out in court and not channel 7.

TLB, Coda, timbo and 1 other person like this.
  15. dontpanic

dontpanic

Google "SMIDSY".

("Sorry Mate, I Didn't See You.")

mibro likes this.
  16. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

[slap][laugh2]
    I am still waiting on that hard drive from Las Vegas to come back and insert itself in the computer so we can safely say that the nut was guilty. Let's not reinvent the workplace violence here, please!
    Pay attention! All facts listed here are from courts or from witnesses or people who worked with him.

17. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Careful with a lynch mob, dude! Your imagination is running wild! What we are trying to do here is not to make verdicts but to learn from this case and understand what we can do to protect us and our loved ones, if it is even possible.

I actually believe that behind every employee is a company. That is what I believe. Either you are running a responsible company which has some rules or you are having a company.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    AHM and NickLeduc like this.
  18. HARRYM

HARRYM NES Member

"Or is he a junkie that nodded off at the wheel and was driving an unsafe rig?"

So if it was a safe rig it would be OK for a junkie to be driving it?

silversquirrel likes this.
  19. AHM

AHM NES Member

Do you fear that some of those questions aren't going to be sorted out in court?

20. lowbuckbob

lowbuckbob NES Member

From another website:

nh accident.png

21. HARRYM

HARRYM NES Member

He crossed the center line and killed 7 people. All that is yet to be determined to what level of criminal charges will be applied. You can not cross the center line while driving killing 7 people and simply say my bad...even if he was stone cold sober.

A year ago in Maine a young kid crossed the center line hitting myBIL and sister. My BIL died twice, once in the wreck and one in med flight. My Sister was seriously banged up. My BIL spent 2 months in the hospital and now walks with a cane with a body that will never be right again.

10thSFFD likes this.
  22. NickLeduc

NickLeduc NES Member

Ypu may want to reread the Constitution. That and Bill of Rights gives rights to people, not citizens.

Both are wrong. They should have been separated in my original comment.

Coda likes this.
  23. PaulR

PaulR NES Member

Turtle Boy listed a bit about the company, a Russian guy owns it. Name and address can be searched and found at the MA Corporations Division website.

24. NickLeduc

NickLeduc NES Member

This brings up a good argument as well. His life history may play a huge part in his defense. What if he has lived in a country where they drive on the left side of the road. I think anyone of us that grew up in the USA would make an honest mistake in Europe if we were behind the wheel and at some point drive on the "wrong side".

25. HARRYM

HARRYM NES Member

The SCOTUS has long held that illegals have very little Constititutional Rights. Residents, not Citizens, have been applied using a measured level of rights. Long held decisions, like everything else these days, are being ignored and re-written by those who have agendas to change America.

26. Pete85

Pete85

I don't know the extent of the law, or if it is even a factor here, but didn't MA pass something a few years ago forbidding employers from looking beyond a couple years into an applicant's past as well as using non-convictions against them? I remember there was some big uproar about how the change in the law made it so employers could no longer verify the integrity of the people they were hiring.

TLB, Reptile and 10thSFFD like this.
  27. HARRYM

HARRYM NES Member

If you want to drive on the left side of the road stay in Europe. If you want to drive in the US follow the laws and drive on the right side of the road or don't drive. Or drive and suffer the consequences of anything that happens while you are behind the wheel.

28. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

I like Turtle Boy!;)

xjma99, rep308 and AHM like this.
  29. AHM

AHM NES Member

And another thing:
    Europeans lead impoverished lives,
    and have TV stations that mostly just broadcast Beverly Hillbillies reruns.
    Ride inside the car?
    That's not how we do it in America.

30. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

We're not on the jury (there probably isn't going to be one anyways absent some extroardinary findings) so we have the freedom to state our opinion. We can "convict" him all we want here (or not) and this doesn't affect his actual rights at all via due process. This is no different than what happened with OJ when everyone pretty much thought
    he was guilty but the system worked properly even if it didn't produce the result the "court of public opinion" wanted, and he was exonerated because by the letter of the law he could not be convicted.

I agree there are things that need to be examined in a court of law (namely, "what actually happened") but IMO this guy is "pretty much f***ed" any way you slice it. Even if the argument is "oh the wheels fell off the truck and I lost control" that's going to be a tough sell. Particularly when there's a survivor that saw exactly what the truck
    did when it happened. Yeah, eyewitnesses are pretty unreliable sometimes but I would think a guy that had a near death experience had something burned in his brain pretty
    good from when it happened...

Not likely a good argument at all, actually, the majority of the world by land mass drives on the correct side of the road. Even in Europe. It's only England, India, Japan, AU, the bottom half of Africa and a handful of other pisspot nations (mostly ones the british got their fingers involved in at one point or another) that still drive on the wrong side. Not to mention this guy has extensive driving history/time in the US. (as was as possibly that other fun accident where he supposedly drove a truck off a bridge).

-Mike

Racenet, AHM, eboos and 1 other person like this.