1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

7 killed , 3 hurt in motorcycle-truck accident in Randolph NH

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by calsdad, Jun 21, 2019.

1. grey

grey

I can't figure out what happened to the driver right after the crash. All I read was he didnt need medical assistance or something along those lines. Did he walk home from the crash? Got a ride? Not even held for a statement or questioning? No drug test? Seems odd is he just was allowed to go on his merry way

2. jron

jron NES Member

I'm pretty certain anything over 26,001 lbs gross combined vehicle weight requires a CDL, regardless of how it's registered.

I could be wrong..

3. 1776

1776 NES Member

xjma99 likes this.
  4. appraiser

appraiser NES Member

The C in COMMERCIAL does not apply to personal use vehicles.

Do you think all these class A Motorhomes are being driven by CDL B holders? Nope.

Same thing with 5th wheel campers. Anything COMMERCIAL with a 5th wheel requires a CDL A, personal use does not.

Anything with a GVWR over 10K used in business requires a DOT Health Card. A lot of contractors and such with a F250 towing a trailer get nailed at truck enforcement checkpoints on this one. Cripes a F350 has a GVWR of over 10K, drive one for work and get stopped, you better have a health card or claim you are in state only, although someone told me MA is requiring them in state too, but I have not verified this.

xjma99 likes this.
  5. xjma99

xjma99 NES Member

I know about as much as I’ve posted, I am not claiming to be an expert in the matter. I will have to ask him....

6. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

One of the articles I read claimed that the fugitive from justice thing was just a formality because it's an inter-state legal issue.

I don't know if that is true or not.

cams and xjma99 like this.
  7. Cap'n Mike

Cap'n Mike NES Member

"Fugitive from Justice" is what the Massachusetts Police have to charge and book him on when they arrested him.
    Mass Police cant arrest someone on a New Hampshire Warrant, there has to be a charge in Massachusetts, so they book the guy and arraign
    him on the charge of "Fugitive from Justice".
    The charge is dismissed once he is extradited back to New Hampshire.
    Not sure if other states do the same with out of state warrants.

cams, 10thSFFD and xjma99 like this.
  8. xjma99

xjma99 NES Member

My old 3500 Drw work van was registered at 12,000 gvw. No medical card (not that I couldn’t get one), no issues. Rarely drive on highways though. New 3500 srw is registered 9,900.

Sorry for thread drift.

9. jron

jron NES Member

Yes you need a medical card, they WILL bust you in Mass. DOT is always all over 495. I had mine for years, it is just a stupid physical. A class D drivers license only carries a 26,001 lb weight limit, I am not sure what license is needed for that.

10. jron

jron NES Member

I see plenty of DOT off the highways... All you have to do is sit near a Dunks or a gas station with diesel, they will come to you.

xjma99 likes this.
  11. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Let's summarize:

We have a POS from Ukraine who brought Ukraine to New Hampshire. Know druggie who never gave a $ht and was obvious troublemaker who was let go by liberal judges. The company he works for runs a person who is posting on his FB TODAY pictures of his walk in the woods.
    I do not understand why NH police did not arrest him on the spot.
    I do not understand how such a person with such a record can become a commercial driver.

Marines were killed by selfish POS who do not care about anything and anybody.

Volodymyr Zhukovskyy’s driver’s license suspended; Driver faces negligent homicide charges in NH crash that left 7 bikers dead
    he suspension lasted from June 2013 to December 2016, according to RMV records. Another notation shows Zhukovskyy had a “youth alcohol program suspension” and his license wasn’t actually reinstated until May 2017.

Records also show Zhukovskyy had to complete to National Safety Council driving courses in 2015 and 2016.

Court records in Connecticut also show Zhukovskyy was arrested last month on a drunken driving charge.

Zhukovskyy was arrested by East Windsor police on Prospect Road on May 11 at 10:15 a.m. He was charged with operating under the influence of alcohol.

He was released from custody after posting $2,500 bail. His arraignment was scheduled for May 20, but the hearing was postponed because his lawyer had a scheduling conflict.

Zhukovskyy is scheduled for arraignment in Connecticut on Wednesday in Enfield Superior Court, but it unclear if he will appear based on the newest New Hampshire charges.

Zhukovskyy lists his occupation as a truck driver in court records. He also lists the same occupation in an arrest report from Baytown, Texas where Zhukovskyy was arrested on Feb. 11 for possession of a crack pipe, police there confirmed.

When Massachusetts State Police troopers arrested Zhukovskyy on Monday they “located in the defendant’s residence wax packets containing a residue suspected of being heroin,” authorities said.

The residue is being tested and if it tests positive for drugs, Zhukovskyy will face more charges, state police said.

Zhukovskyy, who works for Westfield Transport in Springfield, was driving a black 2016 Dodge 2500 pickup truck with an attached trailer designed for carrying cars at the time of the crash.

Federal records show Westfield Transport has a history of driving violations.

volod.jpg

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  12. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

He was supposedly running around headless.

I assume we will hear from police that their system does not connect with the other system and this is why they knew nothing, tested nothing and let him go. Lawsuits are coming!

13. Picton

Picton NES Member

I wish I could say I was surprised by all these revelations about the driver.

When the best-case scenarios are that he might have been texting or he might have been too incompetent to deal with his trailer...

What a cluster.

xjma99 likes this.
  14. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Turtleboy is wrong. This is not Eurotrash hiring Eurotrash. He needs to dig deeper!
    dart.png

15. appraiser

appraiser NES Member

By law he should have been drug tested no more than 24 hours after the accident, that is his employers responsibility.

Failure to submit is considered a positive result and since it is post accident/for cause his CDL is gone for LIFE, not that it matters at this point because he won't be driving for a while. Where I worked we had to pee in a cup within 4 hours. Failure to produce a sample after 1 hour from arriving at the test site was considered a refusal even if it was a random test.

As I mentioned above, I know someone who killed someone with a motor vehicle and was found guilty, he has been out of jail a few years now, he still can not get a drivers license, NH has him suspended indefinitely.

Not that the trucking company has any assets, but this was his second trip so he was a recent hire. How did he get hired without a copy of a driving record? The company is on the hook for letting an unlicensed person operate their equipment, among other things. I bet the trucking company is out of business by the end of the week, unfortunately they have nothing so the survivors and families of the deceased won't get a dime.

The US DOT should be at the trucking companies office IMHO and shut them down as they did to several bus companies around here that operated dangerously. Pull their DOT numbers

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    xjma99, 10thSFFD and Picton like this.
  16. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

That company is also a piece of work. Dig deeper and you will get the entire picture which media decided not to share with us.

17. NickLeduc

NickLeduc NES Member

This case is pretty interesting. It brings out a funny crowd. The crowd that demands the Constitution to be held to the highest standard when their 2nd Amendment rights are in danger, but ignores Zhukovskyy’s 5th, 6th, and 7th Amendment rights under the same Document because they sympathize with the victims. The same crowd that has been screaming "fake news" for the past few years now takes some local reporting as it is gospel.

rommel, Coda, SSShooter and 4 others like this.
  18. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

usmc.jpg

19. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

I don't see where his rights are being violated, and at this rate there's no way he's going to walk on anything, either. From a criminal law sense this is likely going to be pretty "boring". Due process will do its thing, he'll suck for a bench trial (because there's no way in hell a jury in NH is going to acquit him) and he'll suck for whatever they put on the table. The company that hired him will probably get smoked, too. (at least from the gabillion dollars in civil suits that follow, and even with their insurance, will not be nearly enough to cover the judgements against them. ) Nobody with a brain would hire a CDL driver with a rap sheet like that. I suspect that this isn't a "brains" operation at that place, though.

-Mike

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    NickLeduc, xjma99, ISOTOX and 2 others like this.
  20. mibro

mibro NES Member

All 100% correct. What you see at any given moment is not necessarily what is there. This is particularly true of objects that are stationary - or apparently stationary - in the visual field. A motorcycle approaching at a constant angle and therefore stationary in the visual field may not be seen at all as the brain fills in or papers over the apparently stationary motorcycle with roadway.

Pilots have the same problem as a plane approaching on a collision course appears as a small stationary dot on the windshield which gets big very suddenly.

alpineboard, buckfarack and 10thSFFD like this.
  21. fencer

fencer NES Member

Un- f***ing- believable. Went to the beach? Are you shitting me? If I ever killed 7 people accidentally, the only reason I would go to the beach the next day is to walk into the surf with an anvil chained to my waist.

The kid is a mess. DUI's, drug use etc. And now he has ruined his life and the lives of countless others. I hope he likes cock sandwiches because he is going to be eating them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

22. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Speaking of cock sandwiches.............................

You should take note that much of the speculation didn't even come close to how bad the reality was............

From the Ukraine, actual citizenship status still undetermined from everything I have read.............would not be surprised at all if he's not a citizen, or is even here illegally.

I was largely correct. Incompetent driver, driving a commercially licensed truck FOR A COMPANY (means for money)

I'm not sure if Grubhub will deliver , but if you'll send me your address I'll buy you dinner

[​IMG]

23. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

I was watching those dudes from a company on television last night thinking what the hell went wrong in last few decades with our LEGAL immigration process. I have posted last night LEGAL information about this company which you can Google on your own. This post was immediately deleted. Google by yourself and you will get the picture. I just want to assure you that this has nothing to do with Eurotrash!

For NickLeduc: Dude, this forum was not wrong during the Boston Marathon Bombing, Oregon and many other unfortunate events which were covered by our politically correct media with the blanket. You have a choice. You may wait 5-8 years on an official report which will present you with the view of .gov, or you can dig deeper on your own and benefit from discoveries which may make you aware of your own surroundings. All the facts posted on this thread are verifiable and available for you to check. Some facts can't be posted here and this is where you are on your own. If you are one of those, for example, who still believe that Tamerlan Tsarnaev went to Chechnya to become a better boxer you represent majority of naive Americans who can't understand that the outside world is a very nasty place we should never allow to freely float here.

mibro, calsdad, ISOTOX and 1 other person like this.
  24. HARRYM

HARRYM NES Member

How can a 23 year old, with "multiple" DUI arrests still even have a Lic? Like a 3rd or 4th offense is something like a 10 year suspension? Drug user to boot. Busted with a crack pipe in a prior.

10thSFFD likes this.
  25. HARRYM

HARRYM NES Member

Is he a US Citizen? Otherwise he has zero Constitutional rights.

26. ISOTOX

ISOTOX NES Member

N of the Rebublic. SE of Alba and W of Ling Ling
  27. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

28. ISOTOX

ISOTOX NES Member

N of the Rebublic. SE of Alba and W of Ling Ling
    thRYG45NEJ.jpg

Racenet and 10thSFFD like this.
  29. garandman

garandman Instructor NES Member

Since you are a “stat man” you’re probably going to die of heart disease or cancer, whether you ride a motorcycle or not.

Not sure where you got your statistic, but the reality is that if you remove:
    • Riders without formal rider training
    • Riders without a helmet
    • Riders under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
    There are roughly 800 fatalities a year. That’s it. Most - about 80% - motorcycle fatalities involve one or more of the above.

To flip it around, if you:
    • Wear a light or white-colored helmet
    • High visibility clothing
    • Are aware that about half of multi-vehicle accidents involve left-turners
    • Take rider training regularly
    You have minimized the odds of getting in an accident. It’s a free country, though, and I regularly see people without even gloves!

BTW, a lot of us who are track day riders or racers are now wearing airbag vests, and they are now available for street riders.

DrBurnsides, wiryone1, mibro and 2 others like this.
  30. timbo

timbo Navy Veteran NES Member

Because...Mass?

Cap'n Mike likes this.