7 killed , 3 hurt in motorcycle-truck accident in Randolph NH

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Some of the bikes had not yet even left the parking lot. Nobody was doing any 80mph. You're just making s**t up.

I'm liking the theory (deerdad's?) that someone in uniform picked on you as a kid. It would actually explain a LOT.
Whether or not "Some" of the bikes had not yet left the lot is irrelevent

At least 5 of them had and were close enough together to be involved.

I've lost two friends to bike accidents over the years and their choices were their choices wrt riding habits and helmets.......and not once have I criticized them even though it contributed to their deaths

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I've lost two friends to bike accidents over the years and their choices were their choices wrt riding habits and helmets.......and not once have I criticized them even though it contributed to their deaths
Condolences.

But if you won’t criticize your own friends, why would you criticize seven strangers?

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It is relevant. A pack does not LEAVE until it is formed up. They weren't even all on the road yet so no, despite your desperate desire for them to be guilty of something (ANYTHING!) they were not.

You can defend your junkie friend all you want but you'll still be wrong. And further, you KNOW it. Go on. Keep digging deeper. You haven't hit bedrock yet. It's NH though, you'll get there eventually.
We KNOW at least 5 bikes went down or were hit by the truck.

Please explain to us all how that could possibly happen without them being in relatively close proximity to one another?

Particularly given the fact that the accident site is 500 feet from where they got onto rt 2........

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Pictin, as usual you have a problem with reading comprehension
You have my condolences all the same. If you choose to take that in your usual hateful and ungrateful way, that’s your business.

Reactions: KVX

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It is relevant. A pack does not LEAVE until it is formed up. They weren't even all on the road yet so no, despite your desperate desire for them to be guilty of something (ANYTHING!) they were not.

You can defend your junkie friend all you want but you'll still be wrong. And further, you KNOW it. Go on. Keep digging deeper. You haven't hit bedrock yet. It's NH though, you'll get there eventually.
It doesnt matter whether a "Pack" had formed up or not

At least 5 bikes were involved in the accident

HOW can a mimimum of 5 bikes be involved in an accident a mere 500 feet from where they started if they were not in relatively close proximity to one another?

Did the truck veer into the wrong lane and continue to drive in the left lane for a half mile or more?

Did he intentionally try to run over marines on bikes because he's possibly a putin sympathizer from the ukraine?

Its a shitty f***ing raw deal for everyone involved regardless of who's to blame and shit posting isnt going to bring anyone back.

On the other hand, if the NH DOS and NTSB come back and say that A, B and C were contributing factors in how/why there were so many fatalities would YOU or anyone else consider for even a moment altering your driving/riding habits?

Its a fair question, take a wag at answering it

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You have my condolences all the same. If you choose to take that in your usual hateful and ungrateful way, that’s your business.
Dont you have some republicans to lump together into some shit post or a remedial global warming summer school class to prep for?

bgoum

NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
If you dont want to read it then dont click on it

Simple problem
Simple solution
Actually nobody wants to keep reading what this thread has devolved into.
I did want to read it before it turned into a sh*t show. It's no longer a discussion about the actual incident.
The simple problem is the thread has strayed off topic and into personal attacks.
The simple solution would be to stay on topic or end up having the thread locked.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Actually nobody wants to keep reading what this thread has devolved into.
I did want to read it before it turned into a sh*t show. It's no longer a discussion about the actual incident.
The simple problem is the thread has strayed off topic and into personal attacks.
The simple solution would be to stay on topic or end up having the thread locked.
Its very much a discussion about what happened.

Its just that a number of people dont want to consider the possibility that this is anything other than a simple accident/tragic loss of life and no possibility of take aways that could prevent it from happening again.

grey

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its very much a discussion about what happened.

Its just that a number of people dont want to consider the possibility that this is anything other than a simple accident/tragic loss of life and no possibility of take aways that could prevent it from happening again.
If you've said your piece and people still "dont want to consider..." what are you going to do? Beat everyone over the head with it for 100 more posts? I think we get you're stance. It's been considered. Ok? Looking forward to the thread staying open to cover the ongoing investigation

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You claim the group was formed up and travelling at least 80mph, rushing to get to a raffle. They weren't formed up because they hadn't even all left. They weren't at speed because they hadn't even all left. They weren't rushing anywhere because they had plenty of time for either the raffle or the group ride.
I made no such claim that the group was traveling at any speed.

I reiterated reported info stating that they were on way to post 82 for the 7p raffle and that the accident occurred at 6:30p

That fact WILL be included in any report from NH DoS and the NTSB

At least 5 bikes were involved in the accident 500 feet from their starting point

How does that happen if they were not in relatively close proximity to one another?

It cant........

As for the reasons, the cause of the accident is clear: A junkie that should not have had a CDL nor a job driving had both and through his actions, killed seven good people. THAT is what matters. The rest is your pathetic attempt to vilify the victims.
The fact of the matter is that he still had a valid license because mass and possibly ct effed up and didnt do their job......and that there are something like 700+ others cases where they screwed up.

With that said I'd venture to guess that there are few if any people on NES or elsewhere that would voluntarily stop driving without the state actually revoking their license

You can would have/could have/should have for the next x number of months until NTSB/NH DoS release a report but that wont change what happened

No one know yet whether the driver f***ed up, whether there was a mechanical failure or some other reason for it and you passing judgement isnt going to change what happened.......he deserves a fair trial and if you were in the same position I would defend your right to the same no matter what you did.

Back to the question you refuse to answer.......if the NH DOS and NTSB come back and say that A, B and C were contributing factors in how/why there were so many fatalities would YOU or anyone else consider for even a moment altering your driving/riding habits?

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thank you for finally admitting that your junkie friend had no business behind the wheel of a vehicle, and certainly not while high on crack and that the actions of the bikers were in no way contributory to anything as they did not CAUSE the accident.

Glad to see you're finally on the proper path.
You can shit post all you want but it doesnt change the facts of whats been reported to date or what anyone else has posted

if the NH DOS and NTSB come back and say that A, B and C were contributing factors in how/why there were so many fatalities would YOU or anyone else consider for even a moment altering your driving/riding habits?

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Who caused the accident? The junkie or the bikers?

Its a fair question, take a wag at answering it.
As I've stated before I dont know who or what caused the accident

News similarly hasnt attempted to attribute cause.

If the driver was under the influence they would have arrested him on the spot but they didnt did they?

Can you tell us all whether or not there was a mechanical failure, driver f*** up or some other external cause (cow/dog/kid) that would explain why the truck failed to stay in the right lane?

While you're at it take a wag at the question you keep avoiding.....

If the NH DOS and NTSB come back and say that A, B and C were contributing factors in how/why there were so many fatalities would YOU or anyone else consider for even a moment altering your driving/riding habits?

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
[bs2]

You know who caused it.

As for your poorly phrased question, I say depends. You'll have to ask "anybody else" for their opinion. You have not posited any behaviors on the part of the bikers that I (nor the law) have any issue with. That doesn't agree with your opinion though, so of course the law doesn't matter. Just jrk's opinion.
ROFL....whether you like the verbage/grammar/sentence structure or not.....take a wag at the question you keep avoiding.....

If the NH DOS and NTSB come back and say that A, B and C were contributing factors in how/why there were so many fatalities would YOU or anyone else consider for even a moment altering your driving/riding habits?

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
ROFL....whether you like the verbage/grammar/sentence structure or not.....take a wag at the question you keep avoiding.....

Uhhhh... yes, he did answer it... Like, he just did. Right above your post.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
"Depends."

Really, what did you think you were going to get? Your question has nothing to do with this accident and everything to do with individual posters' behavior.
Thats not an answer, its avoidance

It has EVERYTHING to do with the accident

NH DOS and NTSB wouldnt be performing an investigation to determine WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED if there was nothing to learn/no intent to prevent something like this from happening in the future.

Like most people I am fond of taking my next breath and prefer to hit the easy button instead of getting hurt/killed or seeing anyone else hurt/killed for failing to learn

Ultimately each of us make our own choices/decision.....so long as your choices dont harm me its your choice

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
"Depends" is the answer to your question. First, of, course, I speak for myself and not for "anybody else". Apart from that, the answer depends. I have no issue with riders choosing not to wear helmets. You do. Suit yourself. Your opinion is not reflected in law in NH. Same goes for the formation riding. If the NTSB or whatever officially disapproved of these practices, chances are my response would be "so what".

As for the speeding, that is only in your head. These are Harleys, not frigging Ninjas. It takes like 3 minutes and a quart and a half of oil to reach 80mph.

I jest of course. Mostly. But the whole speeding thing, seriously. You made all that up because you want your junkie friend to get off.
"Depends" is a diaper not an answer

You keep asserting that I claimed that the riders were speeding......prove it.....what was the post number.

If you keep claiming I said something that I didnt, I'm going to keep calling you out to prove it.

Top Bottom