1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

7 killed , 3 hurt in motorcycle-truck accident in Randolph NH

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by calsdad, Jun 21, 2019.

1. jpk

jpk

Doesnt even come close to you regularly lumping the entire GOP into one monolithic bucket every couple posts.......

Its also not an assumption.....go back and read thru the thread for numerous examples of folks here on NES calling for a pount of flesh without even the facts being released

2. Picton

Picton NES Member

No.

You said, explicitly, that those of us raising a stink about this kid’s drug use, while holding a CDL, have used drugs ourselves.

Your words. And you accuse others of obfuscation?

SERE and namedpipes like this.
  3. 67ray

67ray NES Member

Hmm both of your videos are Russian/Ukraine origin . . . are you of such origin? Do you empathize with the driver of the truck is that why you keep asking questions.

4. kingfisher

kingfisher

Before this happened to my fellow Marines, I didn't think it was possible to "dislike" MA more than I already did, but I find now it absolutely is.

I hope there's a major law suit coming.

namedpipes likes this.
  5. whatluck

whatluck

I can't track down the owner of the company that employed this POS. It seems like he left the country. All the public records I've been able to pull are either for vacated or false addresses.

There's probably a green card scam in here somewhere.

6. wilson911

wilson911

What a great band name.

Picton likes this.
  7. deerdad

deerdad NES Member

Seems that someone is trying to be a politician by blurring everything. Witnesses behind the driver had seen him crossing the line and swerving several times before HE made contact with the bikes. Another FACT is that seven people are dead from the drivers actions. There has been no hint of mechanical failure claim by anyone, driver included. Why keep trying to blur what is known to this point? Plain and simple, this person should not have even had a license, never mind driving for a hauling company. There's a lot of blame to go around with the DMV but in the end, it comes down to the driver. You can keep throwing out what ifs but you can't blur that seven are gone because of him.

Greg

Mattyweb, namedpipes and Picton like this.
  8. jpk

jpk

And your statement above is a fine example of others in this thread and elsewhere who have no access to any evidence whatsoever who have tried, convicted and executed the guy in your minds and attempt to do so in the so called court of public opinion and advocate for your pound of flesh even though you were not a party to the reported events.

Because of people that do this the guy will have a very hard time getting a fair trial let alone an unbiased jury if he's eligible for it and requests it.

So next time someone complains they coudnt get a fair trial maybe people need to spend some time looking at their belly button and reflecting on how they may have contributed to our f***ed up judicial system

9. jpk

jpk

What I said was that you (as usual) fail to 1. Consider that apparently there's no allegation that he was under the influence at the time and 2. That people that post ignorant shit like you do fail to hold people to the same standard.....specifically that ALL drivers should be held to same standard wrt substances

This doesnt even begin to touch upon the constitutionality of a federal drivers license.......

Now go back to navel gazing and blaming cow farts and barbeque's for "global warming"

10. jpk

jpk

No and No

Have you not read previous posts about the importance of people getting fair trials?

Especially on the anniversaries of several noteworthy travesties of justice and utter failures of our judicial system?

11. meh

meh NES Member

Where is this information coming from that the bikes were following too closely for their speed?

12. Picton

Picton NES Member

That's what you said. That. Not...

Quit ducking.

To help you out a bit, it's your "their own use/abuse" clause that chapped my ass. With, I think, some justification. I don't like your insinuation.

13. jpk

jpk

When was the last time you saw a group of bikes riding 5 seconds apart?

Andy in NH likes this.
  14. jpk

jpk

Its not my opinion.....I'm trying to refrain from jumping to conclusions because this case has been politicized and regardless of whether or not he's a shitbag he has a right to due process and a fair trial

15. Picton

Picton NES Member

FIFY.

That's enough for me. This isn't interesting anymore. It's too much like tee-ball.

namedpipes likes this.
  16. jpk

jpk

As usual Pictin you're carving up quotes and deperately trying to present them out of context as if they say something other than what they say......

If you've got a chapped ass then maybe you should drop by market basket for some desitin and an extra tube of preparation h for you hemmeroids

17. jpk

jpk

No....its pretty much fact that it would have been impossible for that many bikes to have been involved had they been following/spaced according to law....

the truck could have been actively TRYING to hit them and wouldnt have been able to had they been following one another with a 5 second gap

18. jpk

jpk

This is and has been the point I've made multiple times.....

19. KBCraig

KBCraig NES Member

Today's "Fallen 7" ride clearly showed that those riders haven't learned. They were all bunched up.

Group rides tend to produce the mindset that the group is a single vehicle.

20. wilson911

wilson911

So if one has not seen that, you are speculating that this group, also, was not spaced properly.

From what I can see in this thread, you are pointing out that there is too much speculation and a lack of facts. I would suggest that your statement would be included.

21. meh

meh NES Member

I see groups of bikes so infrequently and so rarely outside of urban stop-and-go traffic that I honestly have no idea. I tend to assume that bikers bunch up, as you do, but since you were going on about needing reliable reports to form conclusions, I assumed that you must have a reliable source, hence the question. At any rate, you asked me to consider how the injuries would have been if they had followed at 5 seconds. Since I don't know what speed they were traveling, and the speed of the oncoming vehicle must be added in (which I don't know, either), I have no idea how much additional reaction time each additional second of following distance would afford them, nor do I know whether the required evasive maneuver would have been possible. The one survivor report that it was "all fire" would seem to suggest that the oncoming truck's position and trajectory could have been difficult to determine after the initial impacts.

50 BMG likes this.
  22. kevin9

kevin9

Now you are making assumptions not in evidence from reports.
    "5 seconds"? Now you're just making stuff up. I was taught 2 seconds. A quick Google shows either 2 or 3 seconds. And the NH Driver's Manual states "3 seconds" on page 38.
    [​IMG]

50 BMG and wilson911 like this.
  23. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

There we go!:
    Stopping injustice or putting the public at risk? Suffolk DA Rachael Rollins’s tactics spur pushback - The Boston Globe
    Some fellow prosecutors as well as police officials fear that Rollins is compromising public safety by letting criminals off the hook, while some judges have scolded her assistants in open court for letting repeat offenders go and sometimes not requesting bail in serious cases.
    In April, a state trooper found bags of heroin, an assortment of pills, and a young child in the back seat when he stopped a married couple driving in the breakdown lane in Brighton. A prosecutor dropped all charges, even though the man had been convicted of selling heroin and methamphetamine last year.

That same month, a prosecutor surprised a judge twice when she said she hoped to resolve criminal charges against defendants with restitution rather than prosecution. One defendant was allegedly caught breaking into a Roxbury building while carrying a crowbar and 39 stolen credit and debit cards; the other was a repeat offender accused of stealing two guitars worth $8,000.

The Globe reviewed more than 1,000 district court cases, of which nearly 300 have been dismissed since Rollins took office. Most involved motor vehicle offenses, but her office also dismissed 18 drug cases, including cases of possession of heroin and crack cocaine, possession with intent to distribute, and 11 assault or assault and battery charges, including one case alleging assault and battery on a police officer.

Some police, court clerks, and fellow prosecutors say they fear her policy is putting the public at risk and emboldening criminals to believe they can commit crimes with impunity. They acknowledge that many criminal cases are ultimately dismissed, but say failing to prosecute certain crimes is as counterproductive as prosecuting every crime, without taking into account individual circumstances.

50 BMG likes this.
  24. Picton

Picton NES Member

...wrong thread, I assume?

Or did her office have something to do with the truck driver's case in this thread? I thought that was more of a CT case.

25. 50 BMG

50 BMG Mosin Nagant Collector NES Member

I'm not going to get into speculating how far apart the motorcycles riders were from each other. Even if they were 10 seconds apart its hard to dodge a jack knifed trailer.
    The bottom line is people who served our country died and we should mourn their deaths.
    The MA RMV and the company who hired the driver obviously is at fault . I hope the families sue the RMV and the former head of the RMV who resigned.
    Either way it is tragic.
    So lets us mourn our fallen brothers and their family members killed and pray for the injured.
    Semper Fi

richc, n1oty, Len-2A Training and 4 others like this.
  26. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Not at all. Just another piece of puzzle you will need to understand what has happened here.
    More to come soon.....[thumbsup]

50 BMG likes this.
  27. wilson911

wilson911

Well said.

50 BMG likes this.
  28. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

This is a systematic failure of the entire system in MA.

Super99Z and 50 BMG like this.
  29. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

We can't bring people from $holes like Ukraine or Chechnya and assume that they will drop what they are use to and switch automatically to our culture and laws. Ain't going to happen! We can't bring such people here and ignore all warnings on purpose.

Bottom line: Ukrainian was suppose to be back in the Ukraine already. End of story!

30. Picton

Picton NES Member

On the one hand, yes. But that can be handled through the civil courts, and it will be. The settlements will be quick and lucrative, I think, though The System won't really change until the people start firing their elected shitheads.

The other hand is seven dead people on the public highway because an unscrupulous employer put an incompetent on the road, and that kid lost control of his vehicle. That's the part I care more about.

10thSFFD likes this.