• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

7 injured, woman killed in mass shooting at University City pool; gunman killed by po

She said the police helicopter was the first responder to arrive on the scene. The pilot saw the shooter appear to be reloading his large caliber handgun at the pool.
Wow, that's some eyesight that pilot has to tell what caliber pistol he had while flying.

Did I mis something? The article reported the race of those shot but not the shooter.I don't think it's a race thing, but if you're going to bring race into it why leave his out? It's almost like the reporter wants to make it a race issue.

I wish if people wanted to end their lives. That they do so peacefully and not involve other innocent people.

It is times like these that I wish more people had been able to protect themselves.
It should be as easy as walking into a store and buying a gallon of milk.
No permission slips needed and especially no restrictions on where and how you can carry.

The second amendment will once again pay a hefty price for this man's actions.
To which all the good citizens of California will surly feel the ramifications of.

This situation once again proves the only thing that can stop a bad person is a good person having the means and will to stop them.

Correction: Police have just stated that this was NOT race related!

Last edited:
Kind of strange really when you think about it. California has some pretty strict gun control but then most of the crimes committed with guns seems to come from there.

Last edited:
Definitely racially motivated. From Fox News:

"San Diego police identified the gunman as Peter Selis, 49, who was described as a white male."

Definitely racially motivated. From Fox News:

"San Diego police identified the gunman as Peter Selis, 49, who was described as a white male."

So because he is white it has to be racially motivated? I can personally think of a ton of reasons having nothing to do with race that might be why he attacked those people. We will never be able to treat others as just people without regard to race if the people in the media (Who brought race into it in the first place with no idea why he did this) or those like you jump first to the conclusion that everything is racially motivated simply because the people involved were of different races.

Probably didn't like their music...[thinking]
Invited to join the party, remains seated, chilling with a beer and starts shooting.
Very strange.

Wow, that's some eyesight that pilot has to tell what caliber pistol he had while flying.

My thoughts exactly.
Must have been a 90mm handgun.
This stuff pisses me off. Poor reporting. Bad information.
What is "large caliber" Anything over .40? is 9mm small and now a 10mm crosses into the "large" catagory?. Wtf. It's like the "high-powered rifle" crap the media always reports. What is high powered? An old flintlock pistol shoot pretty large shot, are those "high caliber handguns"

At first blush looks racially motivated

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Because of the seeds the article has planted in your brain identifying the victims as black and the shooter white "with a beer in his hand". They are making him sound like some beer drinking white trash KKK member.

Last edited:
I can personally think of a ton of reasons having nothing to do with race that might be why he attacked those people.
Ummm.. Can you do me a favor? That "Yes! Of course we'll be at your 4th of July backyard bash!" RSVP that I mailed back back to you over the weekend?...

Tear it up when it arrives today please... Thanks.
[emoji15]

Ummm.. Can you do me a favor? That "Yes! Of course we'll be at your 4th of July backyard bash!" RSVP that I mailed back back to you over the weekend?...

Tear it up when it arrives today please... Thanks.
[emoji15]

Well played, probably could have phrased that better. But I was trying to get across that there could be many reasons, not based on race, for him to have done what he did. I do not agree with those things, nor am I saying that it was in any way ok to do it, but to jump to the idea that it was racial before any info comes out is premature. It could very well be racial in motivation, we just don't know yet, and may never really know.

Probably didn't like their music...[thinking]
b8eb85dd9e3a64675e655c9d4d965b5e.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in the LA area. At least last night local news I watched was not playing the race card. Also it was one of many gun related homicides.

If it does turn into a race thing it could pour a little gas on the May Day protest fire. I was at Olvera Street yesterday afternoon. No way in hell would I go near there today. Rights for illegals- such BS...

So because he is white it has to be racially motivated? I can personally think of a ton of reasons having nothing to do with race that might be why he attacked those people. We will never be able to treat others as just people without regard to race if the people in the media (Who brought race into it in the first place with no idea why he did this) or those like you jump first to the conclusion that everything is racially motivated simply because the people involved were of different races.

I think PaulGee is being sarcastic- EG, the media douchebags goes out of their way to mention that. If the BG was brown/muslim/etc not a peep would be said until the photo of the guy came out.

-Mike

Did I mis something? The article reported the race of those shot but not the shooter.I don't think it's a race thing, but if you're going to bring race into it why leave his out? It's almost like the reporter wants to make it a race issue.

Ya think?

"There were eight victims that were transported and four of the victims were African-American females who were suffering from gunshot wounds that were taken to area hospitals, two African-American males were taken to an area hospital suffering from gunshot wounds, one Hispanic male suffering from a gunshot wound taken to an area hospital and then one African-American male fleeing the area broke his arm when he was fleeing the gunfire," Zimmerman said.

Police said they believe Selis and at least one of the party-goers lived at the apartment complex.

It's not clear whether Selis, who was a white man, knew any of the victims, police said.

When asked whether police were investigating the deadly shooting as a hate crime, Zimmerman said, “We are interviewing witnesses and at this time we don’t know the motive is for this shooting."

Heard the latest, they're not looking at it being race related. The man called his ex that just broke up with him so she could hear the chaos he was about to unleash. And the host even offered him to come join the party.

Back
Top Bottom