• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

7 Concealed Carry Handguns for Last-Minute Shoppers

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
ap943549624219_1-640x480.jpg

By AWR Hawkins

Christmas is less than a week away and that means the time is right for a list of seven concealed carry handguns for last minute shoppers.

Some of the handguns on the list are revolvers, others semiautomatics, but all are concealable and demonstrably popular for self-defense.

Read full story here: 7 Concealed Carry Handguns for Last-Minute Shoppers - Breitbart

hmmm. No Shield? I guess that folks in free states have more choices than those of us behind enemy lines.

A S&W instead of the Kimber would be better for cc IMO. Less weight. They jump from .380 to .357. Nothing wrong with .38, it’s been used for years as a self defense round. Swap out the SCCY for a Sig P938 and it would be believable to me as far as popularity is concerned.

Somewhat of an odd list, but I'm happy to not have to look at Cuomo's mug every time I go to NES now. :)

A S&W instead of the Kimber would be better for cc IMO. Less weight. They jump from .380 to .357. Nothing wrong with .38, it’s been used for years as a self defense round. Swap out the SCCY for a Sig P938 and it would be believable to me as far as popularity is concerned.

You sure about that?

From Kimber's description said:
The world's lightest production 6-shot, .357 Magnum revolver, featuring superior ergonomics, smooth match-grade trigger, rubber grip and satin finish. Smallest diameter 6-shot cylinder on the market today.

Also, the SCCY sells like hotcakes down here.

VERY odd list.

I'd add the 938. I'm not a 1911-platform fan, but it's small, light, and 9mm. I've got a Bodyguard. Still not sure if I like it 3-4 years later. LOL Definitely missing the Shield. And there is no reason to own a 42 when the 43 exists. And why list 3-4 popguns and then a 357 wheelie??? How about a plain old 38 instead???

Very odd list. None excites me in the least.

Which is a rare feeling for me, especially having just read a gun related articles.

Just picked up a g43 3 days ago in central ma for $515 out the door. Just gotta know who to ask.

There was one in the classifieds the other day for $480 and I missed it. Someone contacted the seller just a few minutes before me.

Is there any information in the article about how you buy a gun for somebody else without getting nailed for a straw purchase?

The ATF has very definitively stated that buying a gun for someone as a gift is NOT a straw purchase. I sell guns being bought as gifts constantly. Especially this time of year. The ATF has clearly stated that if you are buying a firearm as a gift or as an investment (meaning you already intend, or at least potentially intend, to sell it in the future) you are considered the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm. What you can't do is have a prearranged deal with someone who intends to buy the gun from you.

That doesn't mean just the obvious, buying for someone you know can't pass a BGC, scenario. It means anyone. It doesn't matter if it's your cop friend from next door who says, "Oh you're going to go buy one of those <gun name>? Hell here's $$$ get me one while you're there." That gets ya a nice set of shiny matching bracelets.

Ugg, I should have just gotten you this link before I typed all that. But hey redundancy is good. Right? Right?

Buying and Selling a Firearm: Giving Someone A Gun
...So now your friend or family member has their gift – they’re super pleased about it and more than grateful – yet you ask yourself who actually owns the firearm? On the ATF Form 4473 that you filled out when purchasing the firearm from the FFL, you should have checked “yes” to the question, “Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm listed on this form?” If you, the buyer, are buying the firearm with your own money, not at the request of the other person, with the intention of giving the gun as a gift – you are the buyer. Even if you are not keeping the gun, you are the owner of that firearm until you legally transfer it to the intended recipient. This satisfies federal laws, but state and local laws may impose tighter restrictions. And of course, in all cases it is illegal to transfer a firearm to a person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from possessing firearms or ammunition, or that person will use the firearm in a crime. All these are offense with severe prison sentences and heavy fines....

G43 is you can handle the recoil and get an target again. The recoil is not bad.

G42 if you want almost NO recoil. It is such a soft shooter that is very enjoyable. The .380 is just a bit less powerful than a 9mm. I’d say the G42 is the perfect gun for a lady who wants a semi automatic.

Glock came out with it before the G43 to sell tons of them since there was no alternative.

The LCR is the perfect revolver for CCW.

It’s concealable. The recoil is unpleasant though. Even though I have big hands I can’t put more than 50 rounds through it in one session without pain or injury.

I don’t think people should last minute shop for something as important as a ccw.

However, the above 3 choices are the only worthwhile ones in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom