• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

7.62x54R spam cans in the greater Boston area?

I haven't been able to locate any in my area (western MA), but will be in the Boston area either tomorrow, or Wed. (5/13 or 5/14) and was wondering if any of you guys that frequent shops there have seen any in stock that I could grab while I'm there.

If you were closer out my way, I'd grab you a spam can at Riley's on my way home from VT on Friday. They had a bunch on Friday for $105.

I heard the new shop in Reading (Glenn's) had spam cans but for $150 plus tax - yikes.

Where about will you be visiting? If you want to swing by the Bedford / Burlington area I'll sell you one of mine for what I paid for it $115. I can pick up another one later in the week for myself when I head north.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I can match rjh200s offer if Canton is more convenient than Burlington/Bedford (08:00 - 17:00, or a little later.)

F2F, LTC/FID checked, all laws followed, yadda yadda yadda.

Collectors keeps reloadable brass on hand.

"reloadable brass" - I assume boxer primed brass complete cartridges, like PPU, and not bare- or once-fired brass? (I ask the silly question because, when I went looking for once-fired brass for 54R, I discovered it is very expensive.)

"reloadable brass" - I assume boxer primed brass complete cartridges, like PPU, and not bare- or once-fired brass? (I ask the silly question because, when I went looking for once-fired brass for 54R, I discovered it is very expensive.)

yes, they got non-corrosive boxer primed PPU ammo, close to $1/round ... I think, I may be wrong.

Lupa brass is around 1$ a round . Some times it's 90¢. Normally only can get it in bags of 100.

I've found some new non lupa brass for .50¢ rd. but it sells out fast .

I can get wwb or PPU non match for 15-18$ a box of 20 . If my psl didn't destroy the brass I'd save it to reload it . I'll probably just save it for the mosin's and reload for that .

Im pretty sure four seasons has some 7.62x54r, but not in bulk.
can also check gunparlor or pullman arms in worcester.
just some thoughts.
i got my 7.62x54r ammo ~6 months ago at four seasons.

Im pretty sure four seasons has some 7.62x54r, but not in bulk.
can also check gunparlor or pullman arms in worcester.
just some thoughts.
i got my 7.62x54r ammo ~6 months ago at four seasons.

My email is full of their low prices. I swear they drag me there by their clearances. How they do that I have no idea.

Try Collectors in Merrimack or AIM surplus if you have property in another state.

My email is full of their low prices. I swear they drag me there by their clearances. How they do that I have no idea.

Try Collectors in Merrimack or AIM surplus if you have property in another state.

Yeah Collectable Arms had the cans for $115 and Riley's had them for $105 on Friday. If anyone in the Chelmsford-Gloucester area needs any x54r, I don't mind grabbing a spam can. As long as you're not too far out of my commute.

Yeah my online sources sold out of x54r soon after the potential shortage on imports of Russian ammo. During that time I got a 880 round crate for $200 shipped.

You guys are awesome! I haven't had time to check in for a bit, but was pleasantly surprised when I did come back! To answer someone's question, I am actually going to be at 4 Seasons tomorrow (my very first time there). So I guess I'll see what they have in stock. I don't necessarily "need" to get a spam can, but figured that might be the cheapest way to get some decent amount of ammo for my very first Mosin (m44).

If its close to your route you could check out IDC Firearms in Clinton, MA.

They have had a good variety of bulk packs in various calibers whenever I've gone there, don't remember specifically if I saw spam cans when I was there last.

You guys are awesome! I haven't had time to check in for a bit, but was pleasantly surprised when I did come back! To answer someone's question, I am actually going to be at 4 Seasons tomorrow (my very first time there). So I guess I'll see what they have in stock. I don't necessarily "need" to get a spam can, but figured that might be the cheapest way to get some decent amount of ammo for my very first Mosin (m44).

If you strike out, and are going to be back in the neighborhoods Wednesday, PM either RJH200 or myself (or anybody else that is convenient and has made an offer.)
If you are southwest of Boston Wednesday I'll have a can in my trunk. [smile]

Wait, I thought those cans were like $85 or $89. Where's the deal now?

I really wish I had stocked up when they cost that much, even though I didn't have a Mosin yet. I find that if I buy the ammo, the guns will follow sooner or later!

For those that mentioned the re-loadable brass ammo, that wouldn't be a bad idea. I just took EC's reloading class this past Sat., so I'm pretty excited to get into that as well. For those that have reloaded the 54R, what is your average per round cost once you have the brass? Also, is empty, new brass available if you wanted to buy it? I plan to shoot mainly surplus for awhile since it's more affordable, but if it makes sense to reload, I may do that eventually.

If you strike out, and are going to be back in the neighborhoods Wednesday, PM either RJH200 or myself (or anybody else that is convenient and has made an offer.)
If you are southwest of Boston Wednesday I'll have a can in my trunk. [smile]

Thank you so much for your offer (and everyone else too!) I will definitely let you know if I can do that.

Just sent you a PM. If you want a can it's yours for my cost. Just let me know. I am heading to NH Friday so I can easily replace it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom