7.62x39 ammo, just for the hell of it...

The price of non-corrosive 7.62x39 at SGAmmo.com today is $459.50 per 1000 Round Case - 7.62x39 FMJ 123 Grain Russian Made Ammo with Lacquered Steel Case - Wolf by Klimovsk

1000 Round Case - 7.62x39 FMJ 123 Grain Russian Made Ammo with Lacquered Steel Case - Wolf by Klimovsk | SGAmmo.com

619DW Guns & Ammo still have GT in stock at $350 per 1000rd

$350 shipped for 1k rounds

The price of non-corrosive 7.62x39 at SGAmmo.com today is $459.50 per 1000 Round Case - 7.62x39 FMJ 123 Grain Russian Made Ammo with Lacquered Steel Case - Wolf by Klimovsk

1000 Round Case - 7.62x39 FMJ 123 Grain Russian Made Ammo with Lacquered Steel Case - Wolf by Klimovsk | SGAmmo.com

619DW Guns & Ammo still have GT in stock at $350 per 1000rd

Jesus Christ…$450/case again? I hope PSA gets their ammo up and running at some point soon…the market needs a little competition to bring prices down a bit.

I’ll pay $.45/rd for brass cased all day, but for steel? GFY.

I stand corrected, I did not notice that polymer coated ammo, $350 for inferior to GT ammo it is.
GT is good ammo it just doesn't reliably function in my x39 AR because of hard deep seated primers. Aside from that it's very accurate consistent ammo and good for long term storage. Works well in my AK

@puška m70 i got the stuff with a purple sealant so maybe I’m good?
From my researching on some other forums, it's a tossup. People are saying to assume any of this rebranded russian/ex SSR stuff is corrosive.

There are a ton of random contracts, importers, re-allocations and repackaging popping up with the crazy spike in demand, political strife and US banning russian ammo. Any relabled Russian/former SSR made steel case or rebrandings are suspect.

The green sealant BSP stuff is made at the former Frunze (Factory 60) Soviet era ammo plant. The name was changed to Bishkek after the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991. This is also real deal mil spec and IS corrosive.

Last edited:
What are you guys getting for group sizes at 100yd with x39 ARs and AKs? SKumar you said your AR39 was a lot more accurate than your MAK 90 IIRC.

It could be a lot smaller with an optic but my Maadi is doing like 3-6 MOA with irons and a really heavy military trigger, depending on the muzzle device and ammo........ but my MAK is like 2 or 3 MOA with irons.

Muzzle brakes seem to make a big difference in spread and POI for AKs due to the barrel whip and loose fit.

With an ARD 18” middy barrel and an adjustable J-P Enterprises gas port, mine shoots 1.5 MOA or less out to 200-yards. It approaches sub-MOA to MOA w/ good PMC softpoint hunting ammo, 1.25 or so w/ Barnaul bulk surp & 1.5 with Golden Tiger bulk. Makes AK ammo ‘shine’!

Update: Just finished up my last case of Red Army Standard (Tula). That makes about 5000-7000 rounds of it within the last year or so, literally zero ammo related malfunctions.

Not as accurate as mil spec but great training fodder, not that you'd be able to tell the difference while shooting unsupported anyways.

Only malfunctions were magazine related (from notoriously bad magazine with a reputation for being crap)

Update: Just finished up my last case of Red Army Standard (Tula). That makes about 5000-7000 rounds of it within the last year or so, literally zero ammo related malfunctions.

Not as accurate as mil spec but great training fodder, not that you'd be able to tell the difference while shooting unsupported anyways.

Only malfunctions were magazine related (from notoriously bad magazine with a reputation for being crap)
Damn dude. Nice to hear you’re shooting quite a bit. 💪🏻
I also have tons of Tula and never had any issues with it. My preferred x39 in the AR since the primers aren’t as hard/seated so deep compared to Golden Tiger etc.

I just picked up 900 rounds of the Red Army red box x39 ammo today from a fellow member for $200😮
It’s got a lacquer on it. Need to see if it’s reliable in the AR. No biggie if it’s not. Gets fed to the AK

Damn dude. Nice to hear you’re shooting quite a bit. 💪🏻
I also have tons of Tula and never had any issues with it. My preferred x39 in the AR since the primers aren’t as hard/seated so deep compared to Golden Tiger etc.

I just picked up 900 rounds of the Red Army red box x39 ammo today from a fellow member for $200😮
It’s got a lacquer on it. Need to see if it’s reliable in the AR. No biggie if it’s not. Gets fed to the AK

I love it man, it's expensive though. Too much bench shooting, so easy to get complacent with that. Reminder to all that bench shooting is the totally impractical for any real life situation.

What are you guys getting for group sizes at 100yd with x39 ARs and AKs? SKumar you said your AR39 was a lot more accurate than your MAK 90 IIRC.

It could be a lot smaller with an optic but my Maadi is doing like 3-6 MOA with irons and a really heavy military trigger, depending on the muzzle device and ammo........ but my MAK is like 2 or 3 MOA with irons.

Muzzle brakes seem to make a big difference in spread and POI for AKs due to the barrel whip and loose fit.
With my galil ace x39 I am getting sub 1 inch groups at 50 yards with tula. With my norinco's its more like 2-3 inch groups. My norinco's with Golden tiger i get 1 and a half to 2 and a half.

With my galil ace x39 I am getting sub 1 inch groups at 50 yards with tula. With my norinco's its more like 2-3 inch groups. My norinco's with Golden tiger i get 1 and a half to 2 and a half.
Damn I’d love a galil ace. Especially SBR’d

Norma has their brass x39 ammo on sale for $9.99 per 20. Coupon code Welcome5 takes off 5% and free shipping on $49 orders - no shipping to MA of course.

Back when MidwayUSA (I think it was) had these fairly cheaply (10¢ or less each), I grabbed a few boxes. One box is actually .309" diameter, but they still run in the SKS okay (not in the m1891 Mauser). Makes for good steel plate fodder on my short range. Needless to say, having boxer-primed brass facilitates reloading. Third picture is a joke, obviously...ha, ha!

Attachments

• IMG_1363.JPG
    IMG_1363.JPG
    660.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Steel Plate.jpg
    Steel Plate.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 14
  • .357_SKS.jpg
    .357_SKS.jpg
    676.9 KB · Views: 15
Looks like x39 prices have crept up since I last looked at ammoseek a few weeks ago. Availability/various brands seems to have dropped a bit too.
Or maybe because of BF, cyber Monday etc, a lot of vendors have sold out at the moment?

Looks like x39 prices have crept up since I last looked at ammoseek a few weeks ago. Availability/various brands seems to have dropped a bit too.
Or maybe because of BF, cyber Monday etc, a lot of vendors have sold out at the moment?
As of right now there is very little coming in. There has been zero 5.45x39 and little x54R coming in. Both KUSA and PSA claimed they will have ammo. Its been pretty quiet ln that front.

I was thinking about this the other day. I thought they were supposed to be tooled up and producing by now, no?
PSA makes a lot of grandiose claims and never follows through on them, I honestly think it's a game they play, they dangle carrots out to the masses pining for interest/attention whoring but don't fully commit.

As of right now there is very little coming in. There has been zero 5.45x39 and little x54R coming in. Both KUSA and PSA claimed they will have ammo. Its been pretty quiet ln that front.
If you need 5.45x39.. 619 Guns and Ammo in Merrimack NH has 1000 cases of Golden Tiger! Not sure of the prices but was much cheaper then online prices.
Have to pick up in the store because they don't ship.

Back
Top Bottom