• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

7.62x39 ammo, just for the hell of it...

switching to reloading x39, several months ago i picked up a small lot of ppu 7.62x39 brass when shooting star was behind on orders. the primer pockets aren't deep enough to get a properly seated primer. crazy, honestly, i've never encountered that phenomena in 45 years of reloading. and trust me, i've have used some sketchy components in my time but never short primer pockets. since then my order for 2k pcs from ss finally assembled and had shipped. cataracts have really put a damper on my shooting so any effort to load various powders for trial is put aside for now.

i can say with certainty that tula stuff works quite well when you're half blind and just lobbing stuff down range. with my new keen sense of super hearing...they all sound good to me. [laugh] i still have 3 cases of the stuff with what appears to be the same lot number. hmmm??? maybe the ink stamper machine was broken that day, who knows. or i got lucky and they were having a good day at the factory. they must work may day now in russia now that communism went south, that was the day they were made unless i'm reading the printed material wrong.

I use a Sinclair International solid carbide primer pocket uniformer on all my brass that goes into gas guns. I imagine a uniformer would work to deepen the pockets on that PPU brass, provided there's sufficient material in the case head to remain safe...

^^^^Edit: Scroll down...^^^^^
Are you referencing the PCC/BR benchrest tool for a + .002" deeper primer pocket?

749-003-713WB
PPC/BR Primer Pocket Uniformer
Mfr Part: UN8006

Are you referencing the PCC/BR benchrest tool for a + .002" deeper primer pocket?

749-003-713WB
PPC/BR Primer Pocket Uniformer
Mfr Part: UN8006
No, I only have the large rifle and the small rifle carbide uniformers. Looking now, I'm seeing the PCC/BR tool for the first time. I hadn't noticed it before at the bottom of the listing...

i use a similar rcbs product
I have the adjustable uniformers from RCBS, but stoped using them when I had one come out of adjustment and cut the pockets too deeply on some 7.62x51 LC brass. Replaced them with the Sinclair solid uniformers. I have used the Sinclairs for tens of thousands and they are still sharp as new.

No, I only have the large rifle and the small rifle carbide uniformers. Looking now, I'm seeing the PCC/BR tool for the first time. I hadn't noticed it before at the bottom of the listing...
Ah. I interpreted your "Scroll down" post as "check out the last item on the page"...

Just a word of caution, there are berdan-primed "IK" cases out there, so don't assume if you find some at your local range.

Attachments

• IK7.62x39(2).jpg
    IK7.62x39(2).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IK7.62x39.jpg
    IK7.62x39.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
The company with pulled bullets also has PPU M67 (boxer) for 43¢ per round (840 count) TYD.

MFG: Prvi Partizan Caliber: 7.62x39mm Bullet Weight: 123gr Bullet Style: FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) Casing: New Brass Case, Boxer Primed, Non Corrosive, Non Magnetic​

In Stock
$359.99

The company with pulled bullets also has PPU M67 (boxer) for 43¢ per round (840 count) TYD.

MFG: Prvi Partizan Caliber: 7.62x39mm Bullet Weight: 123gr Bullet Style: FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) Casing: New Brass Case, Boxer Primed, Non Corrosive, Non Magnetic​

In Stock
$359.99
Not a bad deal. I paid 40 cpr shipped for brass boxer primed Igman x39 last month. 43 cpr shipped for nice PPU brass is pretty good I'd say.

In Stock
$359.99
WOW! And tax free with free shipping!

That’s cheaper than I bought it for pre-wuflu. Just ordered 2 cases, thank you for the heads up!

WOW! And tax free with free shipping!

That’s cheaper than I bought it for pre-wuflu. Just ordered 2 cases, thank you for the heads up!
Nice. I snagged a case. Cheapest steel x39 from TSUSA is $371 per 1k shipped. What the hell is an extra 6 cpr for quality brass cased ammo. Though I have no plans to reload x39.
Also keep an eye on your credit card transactions. LOTS of reported compromised CC's after buying from them. They're a legit company but their security is shit from what I've read.

Nice. I snagged a case. Cheapest steel x39 from TSUSA is $371 per 1k shipped. What the hell is an extra 6 cpr for quality brass cased ammo. Though I have no plans to reload x39.
Also keep an eye on your credit card transactions. LOTS of reported compromised CC's after buying from them. They're a legit company but their security is shit from what I've read.
Jesus Christ, lol...just what I need. I do keep a close eye on my CC though and get a blip on my phone any time a transaction is processed. I typically know within seconds if my card has been used.

I agree with buying brass cased ‘just because’, but I DO plan to reload for it because I have two suppressors that will thread onto various 7.62x39 rifles and pistols of mine and will be making all the subsonic cast bullets I can and coating with hitek.

Jesus Christ, lol...just what I need. I do keep a close eye on my CC though and get a blip on my phone any time a transaction is processed. I typically know within seconds if my card has been used.

I agree with buying brass cased ‘just because’, but I DO plan to reload for it because I have two suppressors that will thread onto various 7.62x39 rifles and pistols of mine and will be making all the subsonic cast bullets I can and coating with hitek.
Lol I used a CC that I rarely ever use so I don't care if I need a new one issued. It's a PITA when I have to cancel a CC that gets used a lot.

I mean I suppose I could hold onto the brass but the thought of reloading x39 for my AK and AR makes me cringe lol. Maybe if I had a nice bolt action CZ rifle but paying 30+ cents just for the jacketed bullets, makes it an expensive blasting/plinking caliber.

paying 30+ cents just for the jacketed bullets, makes it an expensive blasting/plinking caliber.
That’s where casting comes in!

And same here WRT a CZ 527...I ‘need’ a suppressor ready model if I can ever find one. It’s on my very short list, but I’ve basically stopped buying guns for the time being...I think I might actually have too many :oops:

That’s where casting comes in!

And same here WRT a CZ 527...I ‘need’ a suppressor ready model if I can ever find one. It’s on my very short list, but I’ve basically stopped buying guns for the time being...I think I might actually have too many :oops:
I'm more than willing to hold onto a few for you if you want less

I was a bit surprised to see it myself. I don't usually check that site for ammo, but, what do you know! Good luck and enjoy.
I can't vouch for their "in house" brand of ammo, but I've been ordering bullets and powder from them all along.

The Inceptor 90gr SRR bullets were available from Em-way awhile back for about 10¢ a pop. They work fine for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1363.JPG
    IMG_1363.JPG
    660.9 KB · Views: 4
I was a bit surprised to see it myself. I don't usually check that site for ammo, but, what do you know! Good luck and enjoy.
I can't vouch for their "in house" brand of ammo, but I've been ordering bullets and powder from them all along.

The Inceptor 90gr SRR bullets were available from Em-way awhile back for about 10¢ a pop. They work fine for me.
My project is going to be making subsonic cast loads to go with my suppressors. I know that’s right up your alley!

Back
Top Bottom