7.5x35 "Super Tokarev"

810425.gif

Just curious, why would they care to have a pistol that can engage at 100m + ??

Why not? A Tokarev or Vz. 52 can hit targets at 100 yards and so can a FN 5.7. Not to mention how old German pistols like the C96 and the Luger would have adjustable sights out to 1000 meters. The question is how much the bullet will penetrate. A 7.62x25 FMJ will go through a K-pot modern helmet. Box O'Truth did a review of a bunch of pistols and the only pistol cartridge that went through a K-pot was a 7.62x25.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-29-the-helmets-o-truth/

I think this would make an excellent medium game hunting pistol, especially if they sell it already machined for a red dot or a reflex sight.

I suppose my point is, if you're using a pistol to engage targets at 100 meters, you've probably run out of rifle ammo?

I'd like someone to make a modern pistol around the 7.62 tokarev round. SA/DA trigger, decocker/real safety, and double-stack mag.

I suppose my point is, if you're using a pistol to engage targets at 100 meters, you've probably run out of rifle ammo?

You're assuming someone has a rifle to begin with. If you're out pistol hunting with a pistol, you're not going to have a rifle with you. Then there's the whole PDW/M1 Carbine thing where some people aren't given an actual rifle, but are given guns like the M1 Carbine or the FN PS90 or a Vz. 61.

As for carrying and shooting 100 yards, that's probably not going to look well.

You're assuming someone has a rifle to begin with. If you're out pistol hunting with a pistol, you're not going to have a rifle with you. Then there's the whole PDW/M1 Carbine thing where some people aren't given an actual rifle, but are given guns like the M1 Carbine or the FN PS90 or a Vz. 61.

As for carrying and shooting 100 yards, that's probably not going to look well.

Or the AR in 9mm which is becoming insanely popular. Adapting the AR platform to an intermediate pistol round with more range could be useful if magazines were readily available.

Shooting a pistol or pistol caliber at 1-200 yards is not terribly difficult. We do it at the range on 2/3 torsos almost every weekend.

Back
Top Bottom