• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

69 today!!!

TonyD said:
I think it got 'down' to 70 here last night. It was 84 in the afternoon. Isn't it warm everywhere?

Please refer to the IM I sent you the other day by how I was going to greet you at the airport. [twisted]

derek said:
TonyD said:
I think it got 'down' to 70 here last night. It was 84 in the afternoon. Isn't it warm everywhere?

Please refer to the IM I sent you the other day by how I was going to greet you at the airport. [twisted]

Was it with a big fat cigar and an ice cold Beck's beer, or the one where you were going to shoot me when I got of the plane? I can't remember. [lol]

Ditto, it was so nice yesterday to get out in shirtsleeves. I had a number of business stops to make in the center of our small town, so I parked in one spot and walked the entire (small) square to get things done. Had an interesting chat with our police chief as we were both leaving Town Hall.

I'm going to try to get some "open air" time in today too.

Still a bit to cold to ride in just a T-shirt. I did manage to get out with some buddies, 7 of us, to ride around.

At sundown it droped from a riding temperature of 62 degrees to 50. We waisted no time getting home once we felt that cold.

It's nice out right now as well, I might have to go to the range afterwork and putz around.

TonyD said:
derek said:
TonyD said:

Was it with a big fat cigar and an ice cold Beck's beer, or the one where you were going to shoot me when I got of the plane? I can't remember. [lol]

Plan Bravo. [twisted]

derek said:
TonyD said:
derek said:
TonyD said:

Plan Bravo. [twisted]

[shock] Doh!!

TonyD said:
derek said:
TonyD said:
derek said:
TonyD said:

Plan Bravo. [twisted]

[shock] Doh!!

Now children....don't make mother get up from her chair to slap you upside the head. [wink]

pattycakes said:
Send some of that sunshine this way! I've gotten so pale I look like the under belly of a fish!

Hang in there honey - summer's coming...oh wait...you're in OR, right? Well, maybe you'll see the sun in a few years. [lol]

LenS said:
Lynne, no they actually get to see the sun for a couple days each year. The news report it as a UFO!
[twisted]

ROTFLMAO!!! Anyone ever hear Bill Cosby's "I started ut as a child" album? He does a skit about sunshine in Seattle. They wonder if they've done something evil and are being punished when the sun comes out. [lol]

Actually where she is they get more sun than WA state. She's out towards the desert end of OR I believe. I've been away from there for 20 plus years. Could be wrong.

LenS said:
Lynne, no they actually get to see the sun for a couple days each year. The news report it as a UFO!
[twisted]

Sort of like anold friend of my dad's used to say about the old country: It's a good year in Norway when summer falls on a weekend.

Ken

pattycakes said:
LenS said:
Patty, you just haven't had your two days of annual sunshine yet!
[wink]

Boy, do I ever need it too. I've had a rough week but hopefully thinks will look up. Patty

Patty, just look in a mirror and smile! :D

Sometimes that is just the best we can do when the weather doesn't cooperate. I just heard a prediction of "flurries possible" tonight!! We can't win either!

I heard that too. I think I'll go put my head in the sand. I don't want to see anymore white stuff this year. I just got used to the idea of nice weather. :D

Thank you Lens and Mrs. Wiseweasel! I'm having a better day. Had a few doozies. I'll spare you all my Blair Witch Project!

Patty

IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [help] [eek_sigh] :x I've had quite enough, thank you. I don't care that it won't last long, I'm sick of it. Yuck.

MrsWildweasel said:
Actually where she is they get more sun than WA state. She's out towards the desert end of OR I believe. I've been away from there for 20 plus years. Could be wrong.

You're right and we had some very nice days in the upper 50's lower 60's even but now we have high winds and 45ish. It wears on you. But hey, at least no snow! Patty

The weekend here is supposed to be awesome,Sunday and Mon. in the 70's, I can't wait. The 50's haven't been bad either. I figure it has been a heat wave compared to the winter. I used to drive through your area when I lived in Idaho and I would go visit my family in WA. I actually really like that area. Any more out of MNT. ST. Helens? Although you can keep the ash.
Susanne

MrsWildweasel said:
The weekend here is supposed to be awesome,Sunday and Mon. in the 70's, I can't wait. The 50's haven't been bad either. I figure it has been a heat wave compared to the winter. I used to drive through your area when I lived in Idaho and I would go visit my family in WA. I actually really like that area. Any more out of MNT. ST. Helens? Although you can keep the ash.
Susanne

Not that I heard. The winds blowing so hard though if she did spit up you'd have it by now. Patty

TonyD said:
Patty - how was your rally last night?

Tony it was pretty pathetic really. We had a very good show. There were about 60 people there - 20 ARFCOMers [or pro gun] 15 LEO's [pro gun LEO's] the rest babbling idiots.

Sen. Burdick herself....babbling idiot. She didn't know which bill was which [of her own bills] and openly admitted that she supported giving Violent criminals more time served -- to allow for earlier release - under Oregon's manditory sentencing guidelines. To free up 33% more beds because it's just too dern expensive to house them ["such a waste of money.. you have no idea" her quote, not mine].

She openly admitted that she opposed and will do everything in her power to kill a bill that would give reserve officers [LEOs] the protection full time officers have which is kill a cop you get the death penalty - because she opposes the death penalty [unless of course the person you're killing is an innocent unborn child then that should be state funded of course].

She openly admitted that she loved her bill that would make me a felon [I wonder if I would get off early for good behavoir?] for owning a 30 round magazine.

I almost lost my temper with one woman and I was pretty snide with one man. He had a british accent [heavy] and I asked him "What country are you from?" and he said "I'm an American" and I said "Well act like one then, in America we're allowed to own guns." he then changed his tune a little bit and said "I strongly support the 2nd amendment but I don't think you should be allowed to own SUB MACHINE Guns"

I told him that he didn't know what he was talking about and that my rifle wasn't a sub machine gun it was an AR15 and he asked me what I needed it for and I told im it was my hunting rifle and it wasn't so much that I needed it that it was because I wanted it and considering the worse crime I've committed in the last 25 years was driving 47 in a 45 I can't see any reason why I shouldn't be allowed to have it.

Then the crazy women piped in "You kill animals too?" I just laughed at her and "Yes and I eat them. They're yummy."

[lol]

All in all it was a total waste of time but if I had to do it again, I'll be there! Patty

Back
Top Bottom