686 Trigger Guard hits my Knuckle.....

I want to buy a S&W 686, but after shooting one at MFS, I have doubts.

I have large hands, and the trigger guard smacks my middle finger knuckle.

Are there any aftermarket grips that prevent this?

I want to buy a S&W 686, but after shooting one at MFS, I have doubts.

I have large hands, and the trigger guard smacks my middle finger knuckle.

Are there any aftermarket grips that prevent this?

Did it have the wood grips like this ???

19312935016_635bcc002d_b.jpg

The Hogue rubber grips fill in much of that gap behind the trigger guard and place your middle finger lower so it doesn't get whacked:

smith_26266.jpg

Buy a hogue grip if it does not have one. They are like $20. They make a big difference on a powerful revolver.

for sure the hogue ^

i put one on a 629 3" 44 mag. took care of that problem. and one was standard equipment on my gp-100 3".

I have a pair of GP100's, one with one without the hogue wood grips. My SuperRedhawk 44mag wears a pair also. First time I shot the 44mag it felt like somebody was hitting me with a hammer. Put on the Hogues, they dropped my hand and finger a little lower, now I could shoot it all day. If I could afford the ammo to anyway...

The grips DO lower your hand, you WILL get more muzzle flip, you also will like shooting it more.

Buy them, if you regret it I'll pay for them. Yeah, I like them that much:) And yes, they're stupid easy to put on:)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Did it have the wood grips like this ???

19312935016_635bcc002d_b.jpg

The Hogue rubber grips fill in much of that gap behind the trigger guard and place your middle finger lower so it doesn't get whacked:

smith_26266.jpg
Excellent choice. Now with your hand so low the muzzle will flip up definitely clearing your finger.

OP-

if the 686 trigger guard is hurting your finger then the issue is either the grip on the revolver or your grip. both of these can be modified.

separate note, but i'll never understand why everyone goes for the L-frame 686. i owned one but the moment I got a K frame model 66 in my hands the 686 went bye bye. the 66 feels like the glock 19 of revolvers. everything about it is just correct. there's a reason why S&W just brought it back into production last year after like a 10 year hiatus.

personally I find almost no size difference between an L-frame and an N-frame, so to me if i'm bothering with a larger revolver might as well just so to the N frame 627 and get 8 shots. i can also say with certainty that the current production quality of the new model 66's is far superior to the 686's which appear to be build by drunk elves.

Solution: make a Fitzgerald Special.

Step #1: Acquire revolver of choice

Step #2: Cut front half of trigger guard off

Step #3: Cut barrel down to 2 inches, recrown, install new front sight

Step #3: Cut hammer off and use flute to cross hatch for grip

Step #4: Use file to round grip base

Step #5: Enjoy your Hitchin handgun with superior draw capabilities and trigger acquisition.

Back
Top Bottom