WTS '66 mustang convertible

decided that the wife's mustang is not being used, and maybe get her something she'll drive

here's the text from craigslist. I'm located in Central CT. Just north of New Haven.

1966 ford mustang convertible odometer: 92000 paint color : black type : convertible drive : rwd fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : clean cylinders : 8 cylinders
I bought this car for my wife a couple years ago for her birthday. I don't think she's driven it 10 times in the almost 3 years we've had it. So I'm thinking it's time to sell.... or trade. For trades, something cool in a convertible, maybe a 911, M6? or who knows. I'll throw cash towards a trade I like too

Details on the car....

It's a 3 owner car from Colorado. No rust, unlike the east coast cars . Low miles at just 92,000 (that's less than 2000 miles a year).

When I bought it, I added things to make it more driver friendly. It now has power 4 wheel discs and power steering. It was a P/S car when it was made, but was deleted by the previous owner.

Speaking of the previous owner, he owned the car from 1975-2012. In 1978 his wife got in a small accident, nothing serious but he replaced the driver's rear fender. All other metal is original. He's a professional body guy (I can give you his info if you wanted to talk to him about the car as well...it's a car that specializes in restoration of classics in Colorado)

When he was repairing the fender, he decided to "build" the car how he would have ordered it from ford in '66. The car was originally a Springtime Yellow car, "C-code", black interior, made on April 14th 1966, auto , 289 2V car

The car is now a triple black car with a 4 speed (correct date) PS/PB with GT trim and A code specs. It has not been driven in snow for sure since '75 and I'm told the roof hadn't been up twice from 75-12 and we've only had it up once when we got caught in a Colorado summer storm that popped up from no place.. That said, the roof looks great, with no tears or wear marks . The power roof didn't work when we bought it and we put 2 new pistons and rebuilt the roof motor. Works perfect now.

In addition to the PS/PB and top rebuild mentioned above, since we've owned it I redid the interior, new dash pad, seats, door trim and carpet. Brand new wheels and tires too

now all that said, the car is 48 1/2 years old, and has a couple things worth mentioning. The paint is in great shape overall, but would benefit from a good detailing, and the lights on the dash stopped working sometime this summer, haven't looked into why, because it's only been driven a few times all year. And my least favorite thing on the car is that the radio dash was cut sometime in the 80's to fit the car with a crappy cassette player. I have a new dash piece that could be welded in and a brand new in the box custom autosound stereo that looks like vintage OEM but has modern hook ups for your iphone/ipod/MP3. It would benefit from a new set of shocks also, I would be willing to do that for a new owner. It's a pretty easy job, and shocks are cheap

Any questions please ask. I'm not dying to sell the car, it's not a fire sale. I would however like someone that will enjoy it to have a good running classic pony car.

Some of the pictures may still show the car with Colorado plates, we are now in Cheshire CT and the car is available to see and drive (for serious buyers with cash) locally.

For those of you new to old cars. Insurance is SUPER CHEAP for these cars. I currently have it insured with full coverage insurance for $35k agreed upon value (you can buy it for less) for less that $200 a year

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/4720511287.html

2012-07-09_18-21-39_173.jpg

more pictures in link above

Here's the scoop...I'm into it for almost $30k now, I think I overpaid a little when I bought it and then sank another $10k in upgrades to make it safer for her to drive. and repair the hidden shit I didn't see when I bought it.

It still needs shocks, and I just ordered a tilt Ididit steering column Both will be installed for the new buyer. I have it listed elsewhere for $29,500 but know it's not a $30k car. It's a solid driver #2 car and think that it's realistically a 22.5-25K car. It's listed high because craigslist sucks. (I've had offers sight unseen from people who thought they were going me a favor at $7500, 12000 and a dealer who offered 18000 in georgia providing if it arrives not in the condition described he can refuse shipment and I pay to ship it back.

A no bull / non negotiable price here at NES is $22500. let me know if interested

Oh, and NADA prices a '66 289 2v 4 speed car in average condition at $38,250... I think They're smoking crack, but if you need a loan, there's plenty of equity there for a bank

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom