• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

65 grain 5.56 ammo

greencobra

NES Member
anyone seen any around? i can get 62 gr. and have a ton, 55 gr., it's everywhere. but can't find 65's anywhere, even just bullets for reloading. everyone is out. 69 and 70 gr. nada. same thing, everyone out. so anyone seen any? north of boston?

I mean, I rarely see 65gr, even during ammo surpluses. But I’ve seen 69gr BTHP online recently.

Are you looking for match loads, defensive bullets, or hunting bullets?

anyone seen any around? i can get 62 gr. and have a ton, 55 gr., it's everywhere. but can't find 65's anywhere, even just bullets for reloading. everyone is out. 69 and 70 gr. nada. same thing, everyone out. so anyone seen any? north of boston?
Atlanta Arms has some but it’s over a buck per round before shipping lol

Also Larry has Sierra Gameking 65 grainers in stock. Actually a lot of online vendors have them in stock.

Did you not search hard enough? 😂

Edit: if looking to find some at a gunshop. Good luck with that lol. Glenn’s in N Reading would be the only shop that would possibly carry them IMO

Last edited:
The Speer Gold Dot SPs used to be available in .225" diameter, weighing 64 grains. I had some at one point and inquired to Speer about these:

My inquiry: "Whatever became of your .225" diameter 64g Gold Dot Soft Point bullets? Just curious."

Speer's response: "To meet FBI protocol we changed a few things about the 64 grain bullet and changed it to a 62 grain a couple of years ago and thus is the 62 grain bullet that we use in loaded ammunition and as a component."

Back
Top Bottom