• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

627 performance series FTF

Got it used a few month's ago put probably 2-300 rds thru it no problems. Love the gun trigger is light weather i shoot it DA,SA. At pumkinblast last weekend had a few FTF'S. only had 1 type of ammo with me so i assumed it was just some bad ammo. Took it to the range today. Shot 2 differnt brands of 357 and 2 different brands of 38 spc and the problem still exists. Seems to happen less on Da but is still occurring weather i DA or SA. Am getting at least 1-2 out of every 6 that does not fire. Getting a small dimple in the primer so it is making contact but maybe not hard enough?

Anyone have any idea's on the cause?

Edit. Gun is in really good shape. Nearly flawless. All signs point to original owner taking good care of it

Last edited:
I'd say the original owner swapped a couple springs or backed off their strain screw to lighten the pull, which can lead to light strikes especially in ammo with hard primers. Can you get a hold of them to inquire what work has been done to the gun?

Check the strain screw first to see that it hasn't backed out. It's easy to tighten it with a screwdriver. (take the grips off, check it out... it's pretty obvious. ) If that is snug then I'd probably just send the gun into smith and get it fixed.

-Mike

I'd say the original owner swapped a couple springs or backed off their strain screw to lighten the pull, which can lead to light strikes especially in ammo with hard primers. Can you get a hold of them to inquire what work has been done to the gun?

I will reach out and ask him. He did say it had some work done to it just cant recall exactly what was done.

- - - Updated - - -

Check the strain screw first to see that it hasn't backed out. It's easy to tighten it with a screwdriver. (take the grips off, check it out... it's pretty obvious. ) If that is snug then I'd probably just send the gun into smith and get it fixed.

-Mike

Will check that out when i get home. Thanks

This is usually your problem with this gun. I ran this revolver for a while. When trigger work is done is takes alot of testing and ajusting to get everything working properly

MY 627 pro had the same issue, turned out I needed to tighten the strain screw. Once I did this the problem went away.

Thanks for the replies

That screw was loosend about halfway out. It wasnt loose but more than likely it was backed out by someone. Will try it out next weekend at the range and see if it made a difference.

Thanks again

Had this little pin fall out thought ot was from inside the gun but was actually from the grip

Attachments

• 1479084564222842590507.jpg
    1479084564222842590507.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 1479084767463332243949.jpg
    1479084767463332243949.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
These are notorious for having their strain screw backed out a turn or two. Many have found the same on their 627/327pc's. ( Myself included)I'm sure you have it fixed. If it does ever loosen, a dab of nail polish or blue locktite on the threads will cure it forever.
That pin is used to align the grips and often fall out when the grip is removed. You should see the mating blind holes in both halves of the grip. Just drop it in and reassembly the grips.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom