• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where is all the Goex black powder?

Everyone in Southern NE is perpetually out. The mail order guys like the Maine Powderhouse only do 50 lb lots. Anyone have a line on someone who actually stocks Goex FF and FFF powders?

How hard it is to get 2-3 lbs of black powder anywhere near here is getting silly at this point!

JR

Last edited:
I haven't been there in years and I wouldn't go to enjoy Sheldon's sparkling personality but if you need blackpowder, there aren't many choices.

Everyone in Southern NE is perpetually out. The mail order guys like the Maine Powderhouse only do 50 lb lots. Anyone have a line on someone who actually stocks Goex FF and FFF powders?

How hard it is to get 2-3 lbs of black powder anywhere near here is getting silly at this point!

JR
Sounds like a group buy might be in order if you can get enough interested parties.

I know, it's a year old, but I have a Black Powder (GOEX FFFg) update:

State Line no longer carries - they referred me to a Hardware store in Milford, NH; they have everything guns even (an old time place), well no more Black Powder there either.... They sent me to Hunters Rendezvous (off rt 119 in Pepperell, MA).

HUNTERS RENDEZVOUS STILL CARRIES IT as of today.

I don't know what problems others have had, but I like the place. Nice enough country pair of guys (Sheldon was one of them) sitting on the porch when I pulled in (I missed it twice, its on the north side of 119). I looked around, saw stuff I would/could buy, and got my FFF and was happy.

The price...... a bit more than I remember paying when I was younger ($7 per lb) now at $25, yes, TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS per pound.

I picked up a couple of pounds of goex at Bass Pro in Foxboro about a month ago..... It's not out with the rest of the powders but is stocked in back so you have to ask for it.... Don't remember how much I paid.....[thinking]

Last edited:
$15.00 a pound at this place in Me.

The Maine Powder House
P.O. Box 519
482 Sokokis Avenue
Limington ME 04049
(207) 637-3775
(207) 637-3623 (Fax)

I believe the hazmat fee is now $25.00. Some companies will waive it if you buy enough but even if they don't, if you buy several sleeves of primers and several kegs of powder, the hazmat fee doesn't amount to much. If that's too much for you, you could split the order with a couple of friends.

I know this may need a new thread..... How does black powder compare to smokeless when stored over years in its closed and or sealed factory container?

JR

We have the Goex FF powder here if yoou folks need it.

Back
Top Bottom