• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SHTF TRANSPORTATION

Originally Posted by Cross-X Roman ship propelled by a slew of nubile, virginal females.

Hey...great idea. DOUBLE the usage. They row all day, then, when they get tired, you eat them! [smile]
or they will eat u lol remember mr duke , they out number u

i grew up in vietnam right after the vietnam war , i went through shtf , back then in my home country these are no gas for car , people use bike to move their stuff around , they can tie up to 100 pound of stuff to the bike and push it around . best shtf ride in my opinion will be atv , a sit down lawnmower or anythings that have 4 wheels with a carburetor engine , those are easy to hide in the wood , and easy to fix , and dont use much gas at all.

SHTF transportation for me is my feet. I don't have any vehicles that will not be knocked out by EMP. So I have to walk...

While everyone should prepare,this is a over thought out area.
Id just liberate myself whatevers around...if shtf bad theyll be more weapons/vehicles than people..

SHTF transportation for me is my feet. I don't have any vehicles that will not be knocked out by EMP. So I have to walk...

The whole EMP thing is overblown. It'll probably knock out the grid, but your cars and phones will work, at least tip the gas runs out.

The whole EMP thing is overblown. It'll probably knock out the grid, but your cars and phones will work, at least tip the gas runs out.
Actually, today's modern digital substation relays prevent even that. There may be a short downtime to ensure that permanent damage hasn't occurred to older system components, but the relays are tripped in microseconds.

I think a hacking of our electrical grid is more likely than an EMP, which probably would be fairly localized.
This is unlikely as well. Most modern relays are not connected via the interwebs, and can only be accessed by specific and HIGHLY controlled computers. It is a PITA for my guys. In order to program settings, they need to retrieve the computer from the central authority (at whichever utility it is) and then can only use specific software to connect. You need key card access to get into SS control houses now. There is also very in depth vetting on those allowed access.

Meh. I have guns.
If the S ever HTF?.. I'd just pretend I was a Homey in da 'hood and Prius-jack the first yuppie twit I see with his foot on the brake in the line at Starbucks..."GET THE F*CK OUT.. NOW!!.. OR ELSE!!!!" (and then zoom away trying to figure how to drive a damned stick shift again... "WTF? Was an automatic transmission THAT much more expensive, a*shole?".. screech..)

Just sayin'

Actually, today's modern digital substation relays prevent even that. There may be a short downtime to ensure that permanent damage hasn't occurred to older system components, but the relays are tripped in microseconds.

This is unlikely as well. Most modern relays are not connected via the interwebs, and can only be accessed by specific and HIGHLY controlled computers. It is a PITA for my guys. In order to program settings, they need to retrieve the computer from the central authority (at whichever utility it is) and then can only use specific software to connect. You need key card access to get into SS control houses now. There is also very in depth vetting on those allowed access.

Good to know they're on top of things.

Back
Top Bottom