• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SHTF TRANSPORTATION

glostamon

NES Member
I'm not sure if this topic has been explored as of late.
I was wondering whats out there in the form of WSHTF transportation.Not interested in a "Sweet Ride" thread to show off your prized Ferrarri's or custom convertables w/suicide doors.More like Hoarses,"Mad Max"type vehicles,snow shoes, the old Buick even a homemade chopper w/sidecar.
Any pics?

Where are you going to travel to? I'll just buy a plane ticket to the big easy and move into the superdome- that should work out OK.

Sedan chair carried by half-naked slave girls as, being the only one in my area prepared for the fall of civilization, I WILL be king!

Roman ship propelled by a slew of nubile, virginal females.

Well, that about covers it... [smile]

Seriously? I have what I have now, but don't expect to be going anywhere soon living as close as I do to Boston. It'll be Alamo time around here for sure.

might take the audi (AWD and fast), absolutely wont take the motorcycle (very tough to defensive drive on 2 wheels), but if its a serious EOTWAWKI type situation I'm taking what I need from a democrat. But seriously as far as driving goes, I would highly recommend taking a defensive driving and/or Smith system driving course (i got em for free when I drove for Brinks).

I dont realy think I would move... to much equipment and evac room around my place. I got friends that are armed and trained, food, ammo and weapons, and a decent sized wooded area. i'm pretty good where I am.

.. on second thought, cross-X's idea does sound quite tempting [smile]

I have been meaning to build one of these:

AndamookaBuggy.jpg

I dont realy think I would move... to much equipment and evac room around my place. I got friends that are armed and trained, food, ammo and weapons, and a decent sized wooded area. i'm pretty good where I am.
Learn and Train constantly! for if you are caught unprepared, you have no one to blame but yourselfQUOTE]

You probally SHOULD consider a "Bugg'in Out" plan.
Although I too feel most comfortable in my own home,its not always a viable option.Enviornmental conditions and/ or natural disasters i.e.hurricanes(Katrina), tornados,sunami's,monsoons,pathegins,approching chemical clouds,may force you to get mobilized.
A bug-out location & transport there,could help in avoiding the New Orleans SuperDome or the like.
It is awesome to have dependable trained buddies,who "Got your back" aswell as a wooded lot adjacent to your property.When "Diggin' in" just keep in mind NO PLACE IS 100% DEFENDABLE Have a plan to retreat & fight another day.The "Fort Apache" scenerio.dosn't always pan out!

My old 88' FJ62
2T.jpg
1T.jpg

Last edited:
my survival plan is to pack up what little I have, get in my pickup and head north to the family farm. The truck is 4wd and should do the trick in most circumstances. If traffic is jammed and/or the roads are closed, I'm prepared to trek on foot if need be. The farm is probably a 2-3 day walking trip for me. Again, I don't have much down here that can't be shed or consolidated to a good backpack.

On the farm we have an array of 4wd's, ATV's, tractors and snowmobiles to use until the gas dries up. In which case any of the dozen or so horses will do, and, in worst case, any one of the 250 cows!!! HAHA!

Zombie survial guide say a bike or dirt is the best trans since the roads will be filled with abandon cars and debris if not a early 80's f150 built like tanks and 4 wheel drive and can shoot out of the bed with a mounted MA DEUCE

Let's see, I have a diesel front end loader, a dirt bike, a dual sport, a street bike, an all wheel drive sedan and a 4wd pickup.

I think I'd choose the dual sport or dirt bike for solo runs of long distance travel. Easier to evade when roads don't matter. Also much easier to conceal at night when resting. Uses MUCH less fuel, easier to repair on the road.

Let's see, I have a diesel front end loader, a dirt bike, a dual sport, a street bike, an all wheel drive sedan and a 4wd pickup.

I think I'd choose the dual sport or dirt bike for solo runs of long distance travel. Easier to evade when roads don't matter. Also much easier to conceal at night when resting. Uses MUCH less fuel, easier to repair on the road.

+1 for dirt bike for evasion, be it supply runs or long distance.
+1 for AWD/4WD with beefy skid plate etc.

My SHTF transport.
100_7211-1.jpg

(Shown at low tide)
Plenty of easily defendable islands to take over and make my temporary home. [grin]

I figure that with a days worth of strategically welding some steel plates onto her, she'd be pretty invincible....albeit slow. [smile]

Anastasia04 299.jpg

This guy looks all set.

View attachment 3620

FLOOD SURVIVAL KIT
Toilet Paper........................................check

Bud Light...........................................check

Keystone Ice........................................check

Budweiser....... ..................................check

Red Dog.............................................check

Misc. other bottles of alcohol......................check

Piece of plywood to float your old lady and booze on ....... check

Back