60 Minutes had a piece on Preppers

hmmmm. 60 Minutes just had a pretty reasonable piece on Preppers. Talked with the guy who runs 'ThePrepared.com'. Seemed to me to be encouraging folks to prepare. I've also been seeing an online article telling folks they should be putting back ~$2,000 in case of a 'national emergency'. This is a Yahoo article that's been popping up off and on for a few weeks for me. Is this the sheeple being warned?

No mention about hardware, surviving 2 years without electricity, only a slight comment on people going nuts after 3 days of no food.

Eh, most emergencies will be temporary. If everyone has a couple weeks of food and some gear to survive on their own, I don’t have to worry about them messing with me.

The bigger the emergency, the longer it will take for .gov to respond. Especially if you are in the boonies. The people who have 6 months or more of food preps are in great shape since if they actually need it, most of the sheep will be dead before you run out and have to start foraging

hmmmm. 60 Minutes just had a pretty reasonable piece on Preppers. Talked with the guy who runs 'ThePrepared.com'. Seemed to me to be encouraging folks to prepare. I've also been seeing an online article telling folks they should be putting back ~$2,000 in case of a 'national emergency'. This is a Yahoo article that's been popping up off and on for a few weeks for me. Is this the sheeple being warn
$2,000 in cash or in a bank account? I'm still thinking gasoline and ammunition will be more useful

hmmmm. 60 Minutes just had a pretty reasonable piece on Preppers. Talked with the guy who runs 'ThePrepared.com'. Seemed to me to be encouraging folks to prepare. I've also been seeing an online article telling folks they should be putting back ~$2,000 in case of a 'national emergency'. This is a Yahoo article that's been popping up off and on for a few weeks for me. Is this the sheeple being warned?
2k means 4 or 6k

And coffee. Most of those lined up 10+ deep at the drive thru each morning would kill for a cup after shtf.
Most valuable after SHTF (in no particular order, and not that I’m trading):

Place w/bars on all windows & reinforced doors, wood burning fireplace w/food cranes or wood stove.
Guns.
Coffee.
Antibiotics.
Clean water (or purification tabs/drops).
Ammo.
MRE’s/canned food.
Firewood.
Heavy duty solar generator & 1kW of solar panels
Electric chainsaw &
Electric wood splitter.

Cash is going to be useless unless you have enough to burn and cook and keep warm with it in a long-term grid down situation.

Nobody with half a brain is going to trade hard goods for cash.
In an emergency situation (especially long term), trading in material goods will rule the day.

Food, water, shelter, lifesaving drugs, alcohol, guns, ammo/security, seeds, petroleum, tools, communication equipment (radios) with solar charging capability, clothing, blankets, medical supplies (not a pocket boo boo kit), will ALL take precedent over cash in any exchange.

Most valuable after SHTF (in no particular order, and not that I’m trading):

Place w/bars on all windows & reinforced doors, wood burning fireplace w/food cranes or wood stove.
Guns.
Coffee.
Antibiotics.
Clean water (or purification tabs/drops).
Ammo.
MRE’s/canned food.
Firewood.
Heavy duty solar generator & 1kW of solar panels
Electric chainsaw &
Electric wood splitter.
Can someone please photoshop a solar generator, electric chainsaw, and electric wood splitter over these cars? Seriously though that list does seem smart

1667829849168.png

Back
Top Bottom