• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

60 Minutes - Colorado cops says they wont enforce Red Flags orders

KVX

giphy.gif

Not enforcing laws, even bad ones, sets a dangerous precedent. How do we feel about not enforcing immigration laws? Not enforcing laws against those who assault others for their political views? Yeah, this one works in our favor but its nothing to celebrate
The difference in this case is that they are saying they are not willing to enforce an unconstitutional law.

Not enforcing laws, even bad ones, sets a dangerous precedent. How do we feel about not enforcing immigration laws? Not enforcing laws against those who assault others for their political views? Yeah, this one works in our favor but its nothing to celebrate

This reminds me of that scene from Judge Dredd where Rob Schneider's only choice was to hide in a servo-droid (breaking it in the process) or jump out a 40 story window. Guess which position Dredd took? Hint: suicide is not illegal.

It's a shame it has come to it , but the lawless in positions of power have put us here.
" Just following orders" hasn't cut it in a long time.
"The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed " supersedes all .

This reminds me of that scene from Judge Dredd where Rob Schneider's only choice was to hide in a servo-droid (breaking it in the process) or jump out a 40 story window. Guess which position Dredd took? Hint: suicide is not illegal.

yeah... I missed that movie

The difference in this case is that they are saying they are not willing to enforce an unconstitutional law.

Has SCOTUS ruled red flag laws are unconstitutional? I must have missed that. You understand that the Left thinks immigration laws are Unconstitutional too. As much as I abhor them, Red flag laws have been passed and until they’re deemed unconstitutional by SCOTUS, they’re the law where’ve they have been passed. The constitutionality argument doesn’t change the inherent problem with selective enforcement of duly enacted laws.

Has SCOTUS ruled red flag laws are unconstitutional? I must have missed that. You understand that the Left thinks immigration laws are Unconstitutional too. As much as I abhor them, Red flag laws have been passed and until they’re deemed unconstitutional by SCOTUS, they’re the law where’ve they have been passed. The constitutionality argument doesn’t change the inherent problem with selective enforcement of duly enacted laws.
They’re unconstitutional by definition, no court ruling needed. f*** the .gov, they’re not needed.

so if some commie bitches passed a law saying that you can’t speak ill of said commie bitches, would you wait until some deep state evil commie court ruled on said ‘law’ or would you say f*** you, these are my rights, respect them or suffer the consequences???? In other words, are you a free man, or somebody’s bitch??

They’re unconstitutional by definition, no court ruling needed. f*** the .gov, they’re not needed.

so if some commie bitches passed a law saying that you can’t speak ill of said commie bitches, would you wait until some deep state evil commie court ruled on said ‘law’ or would you say f*** you, these are my rights, respect them or suffer the consequences???? In other words, are you a free man, or somebody’s bitch??

I didn’t say I’d follow the law or that I follow every law. however selective enforcement is as dangerous as these bad laws, it’s all a matter of who’s ox is being gored. Selective enforcement isn’t the answer to bad laws.

Not enforcing bad laws is the moral thing to do. But who needs those?

you understand a lot of people believe immigration laws are bad laws, not enforcing those is the moral thing for them. Or marriage equality laws. Reproductive rights. Take your pic.

Good point. Enforcing bad laws ruining people’s lives is definitely better. GTFO of here.

Define bad laws. I’m sure we probably disagree on a few of them. Then why have laws? Is it now up to law enforcement to determine good laws from bad laws and enforce only the ones they agree with?

I didn’t say I’d follow the law or that I follow every law. however selective enforcement is as dangerous as these bad laws, it’s all a matter of who’s ox is being gored. Selective enforcement isn’t the answer to bad laws.
You do have a point. But the camels back has been broken and it was not our side that did the breaking. The proper checks and balances gave not avenged their transgressions.

we can either lay down and STFU about it, and continue togo about our lives with Machine gun fire raining down upon us and just throw the occasional acorn back at them, or do the right thing. Doing right isn’t easy.

You do have a point. But the camels back has been broken and it was not our side that did the breaking. The proper checks and balances gave not avenged their transgressions.

we can either lay down and STFU about it, and continue togo about our lives with Machine gun fire raining down upon us and just throw the occasional acorn back at them, or do the right thing. Doing right isn’t easy.
tenor.gif

i have spent a lot of time in CO. It is an unusual state. MOST of the population is in a few mega cities, and it is a hippy/lefty type of citizen there. But over 90% of the land is SPARSELY populated with a pretty libertarian citizenship, that HATES the moonbats in the cities. So a lot of moonbat laws are passed in the cities that the people in the outlands just can not understand. And the Sheriffs there have a fair degree of autonomy too...so the legislature can not easily punish them!

for instance, it is impossible to get a carry permit in Denver, but there was a sheriff in a far away county that made it well know that ANY person who showed up and asked for a carry permit, he would issue it. The sheriffs could issue for anyone in the state. Nothing they could do to stop him too.

So when they say private ownership of guns is illegal, you will have no problem knocking on people doors and (trying) to take them? Even though the bill of rights and Constitution gives us that right? Because SCOTUS hasn't ruled on said bogus law?

Then awhile later they pass a law to round up certain groups of people "because we said so"?

Yeah, we know where the problem is.

Colorado cops oppose red flag gun law
Several sheriffs in the state of Colorado are digging in their heels against a gun law that will go into effect January 1, allowing for the temporary confiscation of firearms if a gun owner shows dangerous or threatening behavior. 60 Minutes reports on red flag laws being adopted across the country,

60 minutes TV show

View: https://www.cbsnews.com/video/colorado-sheriff-says-he-wont-enforce-red-flag-gun-law-60-minutes-2019-11-15/

Now that's "woke". Glad to see some LEO remembering that they are first of all citizens too.

The SCOTUS doesn't need to rule on chit.
The constitution recognizes certain rights period.
Say you live in CA and those freaks there pass a law to start rounding up any registered Republicans and holding them in interment camps .
You planning on going with it till it gets to the Supreme Court or are you going to start shooting f*ckers in the face ?

Sound observation.

The trouble is that the people who have a Red Flag order placed against them are more than likely not the ones with deep enough pockets to challenge the law in court and then fund the appeals process all the way up to the SCOTUS. If an unconstitutional law is never examined at that level (and overturned) its constitutionality or not is a moot point.

Not only is this unconstitutional as another poster mentioned but there's been selective enforcement of really dumb laws since the dawn of time.

We need more peace keepers and fewer law enforcement officers

Oh my, it looks like I brought you and @Bonesinium together on something (even if you wouldn't mention him by name...). I think I deserve the Nobel Peace Prize

Sheriffs are elected officials. Police chiefs are hired by mayors and serve at the pleasure of those mayors. If the mayor is anti-gun, it is safe to assume that he/she will hire or appoint an anti-gun police chief who will enforce ERPO laws without hesitation. Their paychecks and benny packages are more important to them than our Second Amendment rights.

Back
Top Bottom