• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

60 Kilowatt Laser Weapon Entering Service Soon

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
That's like shooting a squirrel with a 338 LM vs a 22 short. But in this case it can land on the plate pre-cooked! [laugh2]

With the correct heat setting

My guess is that with beam combining the upper power limit of the weapon will be limited by the power source.

I know that there are currently 2000 Kw trailer mounted generators....I wonder if this can be enhanced by charging capacitors from the generator, and energizing the laser from the capacitors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is that with beam combining the upper power limit of the weapon will be limited by the power source.

I know that there are currently 2000 Kw trailer mounted generators....I wonder if this can be enhanced by charging capacitors from the generator, and energizing the laser from the capacitors?

If they use a flux capacitor they can get 2.2 gigawats

I know that there are currently 2000 Kw trailer mounted generators....I wonder if this can be enhanced by charging capacitors from the generator, and energizing the laser from the capacitors.

They are already way ahead of you........it's called Pulsed Power for a reason.[smile]

So when the terrorist get their hands on this tech. will the TSA go away? 'cause they won't have to hijack a plane to blow it up, they can shoot it out of the sky for cheap repeatable shots! How lovely!

OK, so who is working on shields?

They are already way ahead of you........it's called Pulsed Power for a reason.[smile]
You can also go Chemical Laser for serious power, at the cost of needing ammunition (gas canisters) Most military research is in Diode Pumped Alkali Laser Arrays because you can have lower power individual lasers focused for effect. Fun stuff.

I am still waiting for a handheld LIPC. (Laser Induced Plasma Channel.)

A Femtosecond Laser ionizes the air, and conducts a High Voltage charge to the target.

It is like a taser without needing wires, and you have a much longer range!

It is only a matter of time......[rofl]

You can also go Chemical Laser for serious power, at the cost of needing ammunition (gas canisters) Most military research is in Diode Pumped Alkali Laser Arrays because you can have lower power individual lasers focused for effect. Fun stuff.

I know I should google this but...anyone have any good links to answer the following?

- What is the duration of the pulse?
- How long to focus? Can the POF track a missile moving at Mach?? with maximum effectiveness?
- What can it penetrate in that time?
- is it targeting nav, propulsion or payload?
- can it be shark mounted?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom