• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

6 Dead, Dying, and Soon-To-Be-Obsolete Handgun Cartridges. Agree?

What about 45 long Colt?
There can't be that many Governors or Judge's out there?
Go to Gun Broker, look for single action revolvers, almost all are in .45 colt.

It is a popular caliber, maybe not something that moves fast at a gun store, but it is popular.

I'd say sure except .40sw, still lots of LE using it and there are too many guns out there for it to die off. It also is still preferred amongst ghetto goblins, mexican carry with an sd40ve gets you more street cred.
Most. 40 guns out there are the type of guns people will replace every season for a new gun that matches their underwear.

But, there are still a lot of guns.

Go to Gun Broker, look for single action revolvers, almost all are in .45 colt.

It is a popular caliber, maybe not something that moves fast at a gun store, but it is popular.

45 Colt is hard to find nowadays due to it's popularity. It comes up for sale at TS and it's sold out immediately. It's definitely not going anywhere soon.

What about 45 long Colt?
Plenty of .410 out there , though [laugh]

I don't think I've ever fed my Judge a .45LC, though I have some.

I think the premise is silly - as long as there is stuff to eat it, it will be made. Also, I have toys in both .25 and .32, so, no.

What about 45 long Colt?
Never discount the market size of no-refund/no-exchange .45LC ammo sales to new 1911 owners.

30 Super Carry is the one, true cartridge. I hear the Army is about to swap to it in their sidearms. I'm about to trade in everything I have for that and 277.
Piggers are number one!
Piggers are gonna go all the way this year!

Do you hunt? A 300 grain 44 mag is a damn fine deer cartridge. One of my goals next season is to take a deer with a handgun.
(My father wanted to make Bambi's day, thought he never got one that way...)

Stop thinking only in terms of "self defense"......
Wait until one is coming right for you.

This one made me laugh much more than it should have.
72632407.jpg

i have 1 of the 2 .40's I want

beretta 96 own
hk usp 40 want
Lol the USP 40 is the only one I own, and only because a friend needed some cash. One thing I can say in favor of the USP is at least the gun was built around the cartridge. It can take tons of 40 abuse without fail. It's a f***ing huge school bus though, but it does look cool.

I still buy .32 ACP for my Colt 1903. Sweet little gun

Yeah, it's still produced and people still buy it for things like my Vzor 50, but that thing only gets fired once every couple of years. The supply of .32ACP I currently have, which amounts to about 60 rounds, could easily be a lifetime supply.

Lol the USP 40 is the only one I own, and only because a friend needed some cash. One thing I can say in favor of the USP is at least the gun was built around the cartridge. It can take tons of 40 abuse without fail. It's a f***ing huge school bus though, but it does look cool.
Keep me in mind if you decide you want to seperate from it.

Just an fyi though, I'm not rich, so it may yakr me a little bit to get the scratch.

Most. 40 guns out there are the type of guns people will replace every season for a new gun that matches their underwear.

But, there are still a lot of guns.
My undies are grundy....I've had the same Glock 22 gen4 since the gen 4 was a thing. Not sure how long that is.....6 years??? more???

Back
Top Bottom