6.5 mm sk ptr m/94 prj m/41

mcb

NES Member
I started searching and got lazy. This is worse than Elon Musk kids name.
What is this that I have acquired? Swedish Mauser ammo? What is a Swedish Mauser?

BE9D6166-CC09-4B49-A907-A252B36CD2EE.jpeg

Swedish m/41 6.5x55 ammo designed for the Swedish m/41 and Ag m/42 Ljungman rifles. 140gr spitzer bullet @ approx. 2625fps resulting in 2148 ft. lbs. of energy. Berdan primed. If the box is already opened, or you want to open it, this link should help you identify the headstamp:

bottom stamps of swedish military ammunition

This is Swedish ammo commonly known as 6.5x55mm. It is perfectly suited for the M38/94/96 Mausers, the Ljungman AG-42b and many other commercial rifles chambered in the 6.5x55mm (Ruger m77, etc.).
It is berdan-primed, so don't attempt to reload it in the conventional manner (ie. as you would boxer-primed brass). Berdan primers aren't generally available for these cases.

This is Swedish ammo commonly known as 6.5x55mm. It is perfectly suited for the M38/94/96 Mausers, the Ljungman AG-42b and many other commercial rifles chambered in the 6.5x55mm (Ruger m77, etc.).
It is berdan-primed, so don't attempt to reload it in the conventional manner (ie. as you would boxer-primed brass). Berdan primers aren't generally available for these cases.

This would function fine in older Swedish Mausers and in modern commercial guns, but this isn't optimized for those guns. Different twist rates. So, might be a waste to shoot a whole box of these through an older or commercial gun unless the gun "likes" the ammo.

My level of marksmanship doesn't make it matter that much, but I see your point.
I don't shoot a Ljungman, do you? Is there a problem brewing reloads that shoot on par with the m41 ammo in the AG-42b?

Hate to resurrect an old thread but found 30 ish rounds in my stash. Don't know how I got it, but came across this thread while googling.

Since I have no gun for it I'll probably try to unload it. Any ideas of its worth?

Hate to resurrect an old thread but found 30 ish rounds in my stash. Don't know how I got it, but came across this thread while googling.

Since I have no gun for it I'll probably try to unload it. Any ideas of its worth?

With old vintage ammo, especially unusual and uncommon stuff like 6.5x55, its hard to say. Gunbroker penny auction would be the best way to sell it - if people want it, they'll pay plenty for it, especially now.

This would function fine in older Swedish Mausers and in modern commercial guns, but this isn't optimized for those guns. Different twist rates. So, might be a waste to shoot a whole box of these through an older or commercial gun unless the gun "likes" the ammo.
I dont know how farback you have to go to see a change in twist. Swedes where onto something 100+ years ago 120-140 gn 6.5 mm bullets and 1/7ish twist.
Prickskytte - sniper should be some nice stuff.
i wonder if that lot number is correct for dat 01-15
The 6.5 is very popular in competition still in sweden and im sure theres still a good amount of M63 swede match rifles in use?
Or the Scandinavians Target Rifle , 200 STR by SIG?

i would toss it on the shelf, probably get $1 round easy though.

Last edited:
I dont know how farback you have to go to see a change in twist. Swedes where onto something 100+ years ago 120-140 gn 6.5 mm bullets and 1/7ish twist.
Prickskytte - sniper should be some nice stuff.
i wonder if that lot number is correct for dat 01-15
The 6.5 is very popular in competition still in sweden and im sure theres still a good amount of M63 swede match rifles in use?

My take on this is that the Swedish bolt guns were optimized to shoot long, bottlenosed bullets, and the Ljungman was designed to shoot spitzers. This ammo isn't common, so using this as plinking ammo for a bolt gun designed to shoot bottlenosed bullets is sort of like using 93 gas in a pickup truck - yeah, you can, but why?

My take on this is that the Swedish bolt guns were optimized to shoot long, bottlenosed bullets, and the Ljungman was designed to shoot spitzers. This ammo isn't common, so using this as plinking ammo for a bolt gun designed to shoot bottlenosed bullets is sort of like using 93 gas in a pickup truck - yeah, you can, but why?
Eh the old swedes like the pointy bullets too. Even the mile long jump to the lands.
That ammo posted been in production since early 40s Im not sure how rare that particular box is but I would not hesitate to run that in any 6.5 swede rifle

Back in the day, Samco was selling that in sealed battle packs.
The problem was, the cardboard boxes the cartridges were packed in tarnished the cases.
It works very well in an M-96.
It works just as well in an AG-42B, you just have to oil the cases before you fire them.
Funny huh?

Here's a PDF for the AG-42b

It'll shoot to the sights of any M-96 or AG-42B and the sights are calibrated for " torped" (spitzer) ammo.
It's extremely accurate ammo, kinda along the the lines of GP-11 for the Swiss rifles.
If you look closely you can see the reddish color on the cases.
I have 3 30cal ammo cans of it I'd like to pass on.
C

Attachments

• DSC_5968.JPG
    DSC_5968.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 9
Got the same ammo in unopened box did u use them or kept are they corrosive.wondering if I should use them or keep for a collector
I was’t too familiar with this ammo, I’m not into the military stuff. Recently sold it to a NESer in the classifieds. Everyone says it’s good accurate ammo, not sure if corrosive.

Back
Top Bottom