6.5 Creedmoor scope, recommendations?

Not sure if they still make them but Burris Extreme Tactical Scopes are very good for the price point, Can be had in first focal plane, MIL or MOA reticles, re-set-able turrets. I have three of them with no complaints.

You might want to check out the Athlon scopes. They seem to have some reasonably priced optics. I’d have a really hard time finding a suitable optic for under $2k. Also, if you’re an instructor or have been in the service many manufacturers will give you a decent discount off their prices.
Athlon has some nice scopes especially in that $500-$1000 range.
There $1500+ range ? Im not sure i played with something like this back in 2019
I really liked it but a touch out of my willing price range.
Cronus BTR GEN2 4.5-29×56 APLR5 FFP IR

Talking to someone I know last night, he threw a Nightforce nxs and beast into the mix..

I think if I just had to buy a scope today without any further research would go for the Vortex. Probably can't go too far wrong with anything mentioned though.

A vote for this Vortex HD Gen II with your $2k limit:

so, i actually looked at that exact one, and then compared it to the PST2 Viper, and went with the viper
it is all price driven, and, try to get to a shop and actually look through them before buying. then decide. also, the larry got this one on sale, still:

presumably it is also a good japan made glass.

Last edited:
also, pay attention to what min distance parallax adjustment is set to. viper pst2 is the lowest, i think, at 25yds. actually, wrong, the crimson is at 10yds. but, whatever.
those with 75yds - like bushnell - may or may not work for your use cases, depending upon how you may plan to move scope around your rifles.

Has anyone here ever bought a scope from Scott at Liberty Optics? He’s pretty active on the snipershide forum and has the best price I’ve found on a vortex gen 2 - $1,600 shipped (add to cart price)

Specials, Demos, Trades
Heard nothing but good things about Liberty. I also just ordered the gen II from him.

Has anyone here ever bought a scope from Scott at Liberty Optics? He’s pretty active on the snipershide forum and has the best price I’ve found on a vortex gen 2 - $1,600 shipped (add to cart price)

Specials, Demos, Trades
I bought a vortex from them. it took a while to get, but they say that upfront. for the price it was worth the wait.

Thanks for the positive reviews. I have an email out to Scott and if everything goes well planning to order the scope sometime this week. Liberty Optics has the best pricing I’ve found on Vortex scopes and glad to hear they are GTG.

as long as the topic was about hi end vortex glass - have anyone had a chance to look at this scope - Vortex Razor Gen III 1-10x24 FFP?

i am not going to buy anything like that, only curious, how does it feel from 1 to 10x with a fixed 100yd parallax? is it really a truly universal glass for anything from 25yds to 300yds?

as long as the topic was about hi end vortex glass - have anyone had a chance to look at this scope - Vortex Razor Gen III 1-10x24 FFP?

i am not going to buy anything like that, only curious, how does it feel from 1 to 10x with a fixed 100yd parallax? is it really a truly universal glass for anything from 25yds to 300yds?
I haven't looked at one yet, but I want one

Back
Top Bottom