• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

6/13/18 - Rocks Under I-95 Present Odd, and Scary, Threat to Power Grid

NHCraigT

NES Member
LINK: Rocks Under I-95 Present Odd, and Scary, Threat to Power Grid

... Here’s something you probably didn’t know you needed to worry about: There’s a layer of 300 million-year-old rock under Interstate 95 that’s capable of killing the lights from Washington to Boston and beyond the next time the sun erupts in all its fury...

That’s because this Paleozoic-era rock doesn’t let the energy from a major geomagnetic storm -- a once-in-a-100-years kind of event -- pass through it but instead acts as a backstop that sends the surge back up above the ground for a second shot at causing mayhem.

.... It’s an active problem that a lot of people are trying to solve and understand,” said Christopher Balch, space scientist at the Space Weather Prediction Center in Boulder, Colorado....

The smart money would be to build an entire city Under those protective rocks...

That's where the Lizards are!

I know. I'm counting on it...

iu

Wait......tossing NY/Boston and the entire i-95 corridor back into the stone age is sub optimal?

Sounds like a solution to our bad legislation issues from these nuggets.....

Seriously. Even if it was only for a few weeks, you could get alot done in that time.

Back
Top Bottom