5th circuit court of appeals accepts appeal of bumpstock ban en banc (update ban struck down, post 26)

The 3 judge panel on the 5th circuit upheld the district court ruling saying the bumpstock ban was legal. The 3 judge panel was 1 Clinton judge, 2 Obama

The en banc panel will be all active judges in the 5th, so 12 GOP nominated and 5 democrat nominated. The 5th circuit is the most conservative in the country. The 5 trump nominees especially as very conservative. James Ho and don willett are SCOTUS level legal minds.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/2Aupdates/status/1540054878218772481

Wow. Amazing that some of these appear to go our way sometimes.

That said - Bumpstocks are stupid. Not illegal. Just stupid. That is all. Tannerite is pretty stupid too. SHouldn't be illegal. Stupid. Veganism is stupid. Again, not illegal. But stupid. I'm done. LOL

I actually thought we were over this bump stock thing..

When did Tannerite become a illegal?

The en banc panel will be all active judges in the 5th, so 12 GOP nominated and 5 democrat nominated. The 5th circuit is the most conservative in the country. The 5 trump nominees especially as very conservative.

Well let’s hope the Trump appointed judges are better than Trump, since he’s the reason for the bump stock ban in the first place.

Never had one but sure as shit got the letter to turn mine in. Hopefully I will be able to return to sender with an attached photocopy of my middle finger.

Well let’s hope the Trump appointed judges are better than Trump, since he’s the reason for the bump stock ban in the first place.

I’m not exactly a fan of trump (I should mention that on NES) but his judicial picks were made by McConnells staffers, don mcgahn and Leonard Leo of the federalist society. They are a very very good group of judges.

This is a case called Mance which was a challenge to the moron law only allowing you to take possession of a handgun from an FFL in a state you reside. The district court struck down the law, a 5th circuit 3 judge panel overturned that. The court declined to hear it en banc. The dissents in this are from trump and Bush judges. James Ho will be strongly considered for the next SCOTUS opening.

The Mance v sessions case was decided with the 2 step process SCOTUS explicitly ruled today, cannot be used. So that case may be revived again.

I actually thought we were over this bump stock thing..

When did Tannerite become a illegal?

There is always talk of illegalling it. Many clubs ban it. But mASS and elsewhere have considered a ban. Someone's gonna lose a hand and that'll be the end of it.

There is always talk of illegalling it. Many clubs ban it. But mASS and elsewhere have considered a ban. Someone's gonna lose a hand and that'll be the end of it.
I don’t know how you lose a hand using Tannerite. Only real concern of Tannerite is If you don’t have the right amount of aluminum or moisture issue the stuff cause a fire. Maybe one out of 10,000 times but it’s a possibility

I don’t know how you lose a hand using Tannerite. Only real concern of Tannerite is If you don’t have the right amount of aluminum or moisture issue the stuff cause a fire. Maybe one out of 10,000 times but it’s a possibility
Shrapnel. Because you put it inside e.g. a car and the fuel door didn't miss you this time.

That said - Bumpstocks are stupid. Not illegal. Just stupid. That is all. Tannerite is pretty stupid too. SHouldn't be illegal. Stupid. Veganism is stupid. Again, not illegal. But stupid. I'm done. LOL

This is a very mature, reasoned approach to dealing with other people's likes that don't follow with your own. If more people thought like this, the divisions that are fracturing the country could be resolved peacefully with each other minding their own business and letting other enjoy themselves.

1656078212675.png

All the tannerite fails and Darwin award candidates you see online all have one common set of issues. 1) Way too much, 2) Way too close. While the direct explosion might not take a hand, the *insert projectile here* these idiots put the tannerite in might.

I don't consider any of them "stupid", they all have very good and useful applications.

Live and let live.

Tannerite is pretty f-ing fun

I don't consider any of them "stupid", they all have very good and useful applications.

Live and let live.

Oh the second thought for sure. But the first thought is an opinion. I can have that opinion. Until it gets Boyfriend-Loopholed out of me.

I think, overall, tannerite is stupid. If it had more flaminess or something I could get happy. Its just a concussive charge. I want more splosion in my splosions.

Veganism?? The amount of work you need to actually correctly feed yourself as a vegan makes it the dumbest diet in the world. It's stupid.

Kardashians - Stupid.

NBA turning into freaking rugby (bounce a ball?? Why??? I'll just carry it down the court and lay it into the hoopy-thingy.) - stupid

Mainstream media - stupid. . . . oh wait. That one is actually a fact. ;)

All the tannerite fails and Darwin award candidates you see online all have one common set of issues. 1) Way too much, 2) Way too close. While the direct explosion might not take a hand, the *insert projectile here* these idiots put the tannerite in might.
You side steppped reason 0: they put it inside/behind something rigid. Blow up a pumpkin or a FDM Yoda and you're just fine. Put it in a glass jar and you're going to have a bad time.

Tannerite is illegal in MA under General Law Part I, Title XX, Chapter 148, Section 39. It is outlawed since it is considered a firework.

No person shall sell, or keep or offer for sale, or have in his possession, or under his control, or use, or explode, or cause to explode, any combustible or explosive composition or substance, or any combination of such compositions or substances, or any other article, which was prepared for the purpose of producing a visible or audible effect by combustion, explosion, deflagration, or detonation.

It was definitely fun at the car shoots, but I wouldn’t want to make it illegal. For the regular Joe Schmo it could come in handy in a zombie apocalypse or similar. 😂

Whoever shall have in his possession or under his control, or whoever shall use or explode or cause to explode any fireworks in violation of this section shall be punished by a fine of not less than ten dollars nor more than one hundred dollars.

Tannerite is illegal in MA under General Law Part I, Title XX, Chapter 148, Section 39. It is outlawed since it is considered a firework.

Selling it mixed might get your jammed up..

But as far as possession and use. It might be “illegal” but it’s not really much of a crime

Back
Top Bottom