• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

5th circuit court of appeals accepts appeal of bumpstock ban en banc (update ban struck down, post 26)

Did you see the 3rd circuit agreed to hear a case on the prohibition of non violent felons possessing firearms. The panel upheld the ban. I posted it in the NYSRPA vs bruen thread.

I think the 4th panel will strike down MDs AWB and mag limit in bianchi vs Frosh in the new few months, the oral arguments seemed to go very well for the plaintiffs. That’s going to be hilarious on Twitter, etc.

I dated a vegan for a very short time once. DON’T ever do that, they hate life, it’s impossible to eat anywhere and good luck going to a cookout or having her over for dinner. I could probably deal with a vegetarian but vegans are wackos.
Of all the arguments I've heard against dating vegans, that one is the beefiest.

I dated a vegan for a very short time once. DON’T ever do that, they hate life, it’s impossible to eat anywhere and good luck going to a cookout or having her over for dinner. I could probably deal with a vegetarian but vegans are wackos.

I dated a chick that went vegetarian, I knew she was nuts when I said we could get a half pep pizza and she argued that some of the grease might get on her side...

I dated a chick that went vegetarian, I knew she was nuts when I said we could get a half pep pizza and she argued that some of the grease might get on her side...

The nut vegan I was with for a short time ate fricken dandelions. She was annoying me in a million ways so I purposely brought up the need to do yard work the next day. She asked what I was doing. I said spraying weed b gone on all the dandelions and killing them before they spread lol. She was not happy 🤣

With pizza and the vegan nut, that wouldn’t work because of the cheese, the dough has eggs. All she ate was salad and fruit. And she was nuts beyond the vegan stuff. Dumping her felt like being released from prison.

@Hoover Pizza dough doesn't contain eggs. Bread recipes typically do NOT contain eggs (except challah). The vegan nuts usually have an issue with you using yeast, which most bread does use.

I don't think I'd ever date a vegan (they're abominations). Vegetarians (full bore) are a bit too much too. I'm a die hard omnivore. If the person can't deal with that, buh-bye.

@Hoover Pizza dough doesn't contain eggs. Bread recipes typically do NOT contain eggs (except challah). The vegan nuts usually have an issue with you using yeast, which most bread does use.

I don't think I'd ever date a vegan (they're abominations). Vegetarians (full bore) are a bit too much too. I'm a die hard omnivore. If the person can't deal with that, buh-bye.
Yeast, like honey, is one of those hotly debated topics among vegans. Must I've known don't get wound around the axle on that one though.

At the end of the day, it's basically religious. Some arguments aren't worth having.

Wife had me eating almost only vegetables at one point… I didn’t even notice. I started feeling like shit. Then I went to the store and couldn’t believe the prices on everything. She was a vegetarian for a little while, but she always likes her burgers and steaks rare.

I’m not against the salad. But not eating meat or any of this other weird stuff there’s no way to live..

So to the topic at hand, the federal ban on bump stocks is bullshit which we all knew? I haven’t looked at the Massachusetts thing. They’re saying they’re illegal because they’re machine guns but I have a machine gun license? Doesn’t make much sense. I’ve said before I want to put one of these bump stocks on my m16 so it’s twice as dangerous😝

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. They’re probably not gonna renew my license anyway politics and all, and me being a complete a**h*** and yelling At my licensing authority.

Mark Smith, (the most informative 2A commentator on YouTube) generally doesn't get overly excited, but this pragmatic lawyer is pretty excited about this development.

Excited enough to do a video from his hotel room. He also did one on the 3rd Circuit Range v. Garland case (non violent felons gun rights) check that out too.

🐯

They also are noted for having HUGE rotten flatulence problems.

You drove her to the veg squad? I knew a chick that drove a man gay once, but I can't imagine what would make a person a vegetation.

Now, a vagetarian, now we're talking.

Yeast, like honey, is one of those hotly debated topics among vegans. Must I've known don't get wound around the axle on that one though.

At the end of the day, it's basically religious. Some arguments aren't worth having.
Yeast + Honey = Mead

I like Mead Distilled. Then add it to Hard Cider when it's cold outside.
One can also add it to fruit salad in the summertime.

I also like to order Veggie Pizza with Bacon on it to stay healthy.

Nice to know my rubber band's are legal now
iu

Can we assume that a court will rule similarly on things like binary triggers or the FRT triggers?

States passed laws banning them, so I don't expect state level laws to be overturned until SCOTUS rules on AWB style laws.

Mark Smith, (the most informative 2A commentator on YouTube) generally doesn't get overly excited, but this pragmatic lawyer is pretty excited about this development.

He's better than the other guy I've seen on here.

One thing. He keeps saying "The rule of ..."
Levity?
Lemonade?
Lebanon?
Evidence?

Seems like an appropriate place for this.

Shows that courts are not upholding aspects of the Bruen decision and we will be fighting "interpretation" for years.

A federal judge rejected an effort to block enforcement of a ban on so-called “bump stocks” in a ruling released Friday.

“Although the parties suggest that the court ought to engage once again in best-interpretation analysis of the underlying statute, this court follows the Tenth Circuit’s directive to apply Chevron in reviewing the ATF regulation,” Parrish wrote. “And because this court concludes that the regulation is an appropriate exercise of the agency’s discretion to fill gaps implicitly left by Congress, it declines to declare the rule unlawful or enjoin its enforcement.”

Parrish cited the case Chevron U.S.A., Inc. v. Natural Resources Defense Council, Inc., in which the Supreme Court ruled that courts must defer to federal agencies’ interpretations of ambiguous laws. The Supreme Court agreed to hear a case, Loper Bright Enterprises v. Raimondo, that could overturn the so-called “Chevron doctrine.”

The Supreme Court needs to decide this issue in a decisive way.

The next president may be making a choice on one or two supreme court justices.

Also important that democrats and Schumer become the minority party in the senate again.

Bump stock ban

Last edited:

Don't they know how many innocent insects are genocided in the production of grain and produce? Many of these insects have faces and eyes, the humanity. 😐

I couldn’t find any other threads about this case.
It was granted Cert by SCOTUS back in November and oral arguments will be on 2/28 at 1000hrs.

I can’t see SCOTUS finding the Bumpstock ban Constitutional under the Bruen Test, and I can’t see them finding the NFA Constitutional either, or at least the closing of the MG registry in 1986.
Maybe we will be able to get Machine gun stamps again.
Maybe this will be the end of the NFA🤷‍♂️
Odds are they will most likely ignore the NFA in this case unfortunately 😢
But a guy can dream can’t he?

Back
Top Bottom