54 Izveshk with a BIN

40 caliber

NES Member
I was scanning Gunbroker and this one came up. It had a duckbill 30 round mag in it. That immediately turned me off as it wasn't original. I then read the fine print with "small" magazine". it also said it was all matching.

Ahhh! just another refurb SKS with a cheap "buy it now button", The price wasn't bad but I don't need another run of the mill russian. .. I then see the money shot with the IZZY stamp.

HELLO! I sit up, read about 5 times about the small magazine. Does he mean 20 rounder? or Factory Mag? I can't tell if it had a 30 round duckbill mag (which means it is detachable and causes no damage) or a regular AK Mag that means someone milled it out and may have destroyed the originality forever. The pic just would not give it up.

I figured I would take a chance and hit the BIN. Worse case it hits the classifed for what Ipaid...In the mail arrives a 54 IZZY with the magazine and rifle intact. I return it to its former all matching glory and here she is. She is not perfect. the stock is rough but not really rough. I basically landed an Izzy for what a low end Tula would have been. [laugh]

Anyway here she is. My wife asked "wait, you ALREADY HAVE a beautiful 54 Izzy Nonrefurb".. I said you are right, but I don't have a 54 Izzy REFURB. she was not impressed.[rolleyes] (I am teaching her way too much)

IMG_2909.jpg

IMG_2914.jpg

IMG_2915.jpg

IMG_2919.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_2920.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! Good on you for returning it to it's proper self.

Wish I knew more about SKS' they are on my "must have" list. Nice looking rifle

My first was a Yugo M59/66 which are close to the least expensive SKS's. I didn't like how fat the wrist of the stock was, so I sold it to fund a Russian refurb which I still have and love. Save up $400 or so and you can find a nice SKS.

I really dislike these SKS posts...... I cant complain, 40 cal has given me more than 1 shot at my 1st SKS and the timing just hasnt been right.

Nice score!

So, do you have more SKSs than Mausers yet? Is this your shooter then and the other a safe queen?

MS

yes, the SKSs have won the turf battle of the safe (s) .... The price was right so I bought it. I have not decided if it is staying or not.

I really dislike these SKS posts...... I cant complain, 40 cal has given me more than 1 shot at my 1st SKS and the timing just hasnt been right.

Nice score!

Dan, your warhorse is waiting for you when you are ready!!

IMG_2767_zps6cc1be3c.jpg

yes, the SKSs have won the turf battle of the safe (s) .... The price was right so I bought it. I have not decided if it is staying or not.

Dan, your warhorse is waiting for you when you are ready!!

IMG_2767_zps6cc1be3c.jpg

I know the "been there done that" look/condition is not nearly as collectible but I just LOVE it! Tom, Im just going to start mailing you money, let me know when I pay it off and Ill come get it[smile]

Back
Top Bottom