• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

504 Gateway Time-out

Over the last couple of weeks I have been seeing a lot of 504 Gateway Time-out errors when connecting to NES. Anyone else seeing these errors?

Over the last couple of weeks I have been seeing a lot of 504 Gateway Time-out errors when connecting to NES. Anyone else seeing these errors?

Yeah me too. Just had one, had to wait a while for it to come back online.
I heard rumor that it was GWB's fault......

That's just the gummint trying to shut down fringe websites.

Move along! Nothing to see here!

Me too. In fact it happened a few hours back just when I typed up a big reply. Tapatalk reports unknown error and just aimlessly asks for your password etc. In my case this was for good as my reply would have lengthened an already painful thread:)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Same here

504 Gateway timeout is usually generated by a front end reverse caching proxy service, indicating that it had timed out waiting for an upstream server to process your request.

Got the 504 error once, late yesterday evening.

Same here

504 Gateway timeout is usually generated by a front end reverse caching proxy service, indicating that it had timed out waiting for an upstream server to process your request.

I've seen this before with web forums --sometimes the forum software is down or just slow; normally the page would just fail to load, you'd see a generic browser timeout message. But if the actual forum servers are behind a load-balancer or other proxy, you get a 504 error from the proxy instead of your browser's own error.

Could also happen when you are on an ISP that routes all your HTTP traffic through a caching proxy, but then it wouldn't affect so many people from different states (MA,NH,RI, ME).

Same here

[thinking] Easy for you to say. [laugh]
I've been thinking something was wrong with my computer.

I don't get that one, but instead, when I log off and exit NES I get "502 Bad Gateway nginx/0.8.52".
Additionally, on sign in I get "Message from webpage"
"Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded. <br /> <br />
please reload the window". This started several days ago. What's up?

Been working on troubleshooting these. As posted previously, this is due to the webserver getting bogged down and the proxy server not knowing what to do.

Continue to let me know when you guys see these and I'll keep trying my best to get rid of them.

Thanks.

To those of you having the logout problem, can you please try and duplicate now? If it pops an error give me a time of when you tried to logout. I can't duplicate this issue.

I will be gone at drill this weekend, but will research further when I return.

Back
Top Bottom