• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

500 Smith grip wearing out

OK I do shoot this a lot but the rubber grip is literally falling apart. The Smith emblem on the right side is almost gone and I am starting to see the backstrap coming thru. There is also a spot near the emblem that almost looks like it was ground off. Emailed Smith to see if they will send me a new one but was wondering if this is normal. I don't use gloves and normally load a bit past midrange.
Dave

Seems like the rough skin act like sandpaper and wear out the grip. The recoil from your load also help contribute.

Your skin is rough. Need to use some lotion to smooth out the skin. [laugh]

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Talked to Smith yesterday and new grip is in the mail. The 500 has a softer grip for the recoil contributing to it wearing quicker they told me. Sorry but I don't see myself going to wood unless the aging process starts to go backwards and I get younger instead of older.
dave

Bare as in wood or no grips at all? Lets start a pool. Winner is last one to give up or profusely start to bleed from their palm!
Dave

Bleed? My money is on the first guy to lose his grip and send it backwards either into his own forehead or pitch it over his head backwards ten feet. That and it would feel like smashing your hand with a hammer IMO.

Back
Top Bottom