50 State Legal Suppressed Rifle

What am I missing here, why wouldn't it be a considered a suppressor? Because it's BP? If not that then how is it any different than the Ruger with interrogated suppressor, they consider than a NFA item.

Someone somewhere else suggested it wasn't legal in New Jersey and I'm sure Maura will go after it over some 'deceptive consumer practice' blah blah blah.

Legal in NJ, NY, and D.C., but it has to go to or be sold by a FFL.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.silenc.../09/18141406/maxim50-shipping-regulations.pdf

Being BP, I think that it would be a bitch to clean.

Why all the hate for bp gun cleaning? My front stuffers clean up easy as can be. BP is water soluble......hot soapy water and then bore butter. Easier than any rifle I own to clean.

As far as the suppressor on a BP.......not sure I'd want to put water in it because drying would be a pain.....but not any more of a pain than a supressor on a regular gun.

Bottom line....BP guns are actually easy to clean not sure why all the hate there.

Why all the hate for bp gun cleaning? My front stuffers clean up easy as can be. BP is water soluble......hot soapy water and then bore butter. Easier than any rifle I own to clean.

As far as the suppressor on a BP.......not sure I'd want to put water in it because drying would be a pain.....but not any more of a pain than a supressor on a regular gun.

Bottom line....BP guns are actually easy to clean not sure why all the hate there.

If you're not bashing me for calling your Mossberg a crappy trap gun, you're now bashing me for stating that the BP rifle must be a bitch to clean.

I have no hate for BP guns, so ask before you presume that I hate them.

I own BP rifles and revolvers.

Depending on what I'm shooting, I cast my own boolits.

I clean the guns immediately after use due to the corrosive properties of BP residue and moisture.

With regard to the rifle in discussion, it does not have a suppressor. The company call it a moderator. [laugh]

When I stated that it must be a bitch to clean, it was wrt the modulator, which is permanently attached to the rifle.

You actually confirmed what I was stating, i.e., cleaning the moderator.

My concern with this particular rifle with a permanently attached moderator is how does one clean the moderator wrt to removing all the BP residue that will build up within the baffles of the moderator?

Carry on, sir!

If you're not bashing me for calling your Mossberg a crappy trap gun, you're now bashing me for stating that the BP rifle must be a bitch to clean.

I have no hate for BP guns, so ask before you presume that I hate them.

I own BP rifles and revolvers.

Depending on what I'm shooting, I cast my own boolits.

I clean the guns immediately after use due to the corrosive properties of BP residue and moisture.

With regard to the rifle in discussion, it does not have a suppressor. The company call it a moderator. [laugh]

When I stated that it must be a bitch to clean, it was wrt the modulator, which is permanently attached to the rifle.

You actually confirmed what I was stating, i.e., cleaning the moderator.

My concern with this particular rifle with a permanently attached moderator is how does one clean the moderator wrt to removing all the BP residue that will build up within the baffles of the moderator?

Carry on, sir!

I think you took it as more bashing than I put out.

Yeah.....that can should be a bitch using water in it. That was really my point.

There is another thread on this gun out there and there was more "bp cleaning is a pain" there too.

I'll give you something else to bash me. Two of my BP revolvers are Ruger Old Armys. One in blue, the other in stainless. I've never fired the stainless one because it's just too purdy to ruin with BP (no, it's not the one in my avatar). [laugh]

I'll give you something else to bash me. Two of my BP revolvers are Ruger Old Armys. One in blue, the other in stainless. I've never fired the stainless one because it's just too purdy to ruin with BP (no, it's not the one in my avatar). [laugh]

Nothing to bash. I'd love a Ruger army. Just haven't got around to BP revolvers yet. Someday.

As far as the suppressor on a BP.......not sure I'd want to put water in it because drying would be a pain.....b

Back
Top Bottom