50 pound box of walnut media for $39

Let me try this another way.

IF you would like to know where you can get a 50 pound box of crushed walnut media for $39, please send me a PM.

I can't post where publicly.

That's the cheapest per pound price (normally, most places, it's a buck a pound. This place is $.78 a pound) I have seen.

I didn't go as far as checking the shipping. Turned out that they wanted $30 to ship it. No deal.

Got this from one of the people who PM'd for details:
--------------
Just looked at the link. They want $30 shipping too. Try this one, Amazon, with free shipping. <<< hyperlink in there...

-----------

Better price, and free two day shipping!!

I went to check out last night and saw that shipping was $34.25 [shocked]. So I passed, but I will check out the Amazon link. Thanks again Duke.

yeah, drillspot is nice if you need corn cob stuff (only if you have a nut allergy).
But I still firmly believe that walnut shell works faster because it;s denser (heavier) for same volume. A pound of walnut weighs the same as a pound of corn cob, but takes up less room. Therefore denser.

Question for you folks. I'm going to need to buy some new media soon. I'm a dog owner and saw Walnut shell bedding in a Petco one day when strolling the aisles. I do not remember exact prices but remember it being cheaper that what I've seen in local gun shops.

Is this bedding for reptiles something we could use to clean brass? I assume so but am curious if others have tried already.

Here is a link showing what I found online. If I could buy it locally, instead of paying for shipping, it seems like reasonable pricing.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=walnut+bedding&gs_upl=&ix=seb&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1680&bih=878&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=17016038611103172463&sa=X&ei=nJRHT-qsNsLa0QH4_e3yDQ&ved=0CJYBEPMCMAU

Yes, it's exactly what we have been gabbing about. The same reptile bedding is the stuff you see at the gun shops for crazy money.
We're looking for cheaper ways to acquire the stuff. This current link is full of great sources. The Amazon link is the best deal so far.
Great price for 50 pounds, and free shipping.

Question for you folks. I'm going to need to buy some new media soon. I'm a dog owner and saw Walnut shell bedding in a Petco one day when strolling the aisles. I do not remember exact prices but remember it being cheaper that what I've seen in local gun shops.

Is this bedding for reptiles something we could use to clean brass? I assume so but am curious if others have tried already.

Here is a link showing what I found online. If I could buy it locally, instead of paying for shipping, it seems like reasonable pricing.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=walnut+bedding&gs_upl=&ix=seb&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1680&bih=878&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=17016038611103172463&sa=X&ei=nJRHT-qsNsLa0QH4_e3yDQ&ved=0CJYBEPMCMAU

Ive never weighed the large bag of lizard litter, but it goes on sale at the big pet stores here and there. last purchase was buy one get on free. off my crappy memory I think I got the 10 qt bags for 10.99 ea - the by one one free deal. sp 4 10qt bags for 22 bucks plus tax. so feels like 15 -20lb by my built in scale per bag.

you just have to really look around.

Ive never weighed the large bag of lizard litter, but it goes on sale at the big pet stores here and there. last purchase was buy one get on free. off my crappy memory I think I got the 10 qt bags for 10.99 ea - the by one one free deal. sp 4 10qt bags for 22 bucks plus tax. so feels like 15 -20lb by my built in scale per bag.

you just have to really look around.

I caught the same thing at Petco, buy one, get one free. Seemed like a good deal and bought a bunch.

How finely ground is this lizard litter?
I bought a box some time ago. I remember, it was very fine, almost powdery. I tried it once in my tumbler, and it was leaving a lot of dust on the brass. Never used it ever since.

Last edited:
The only time I ever saw powdery was a bag of the fine corn cob (40-60?)

None of the walnut shell I have ever purchased was powdery. Anyone else ever have powdery?

The last time I purchased either grounf walnut or ground corncobs it was at the local pet supply store.

Back
Top Bottom