.50 BMG Ranges in MA?

1. Make some target buoys.

2. Rent a boat.

3. Drive it 13 miles out to sea.

4. Have fun?

I’m only half joking. Serious answer though, sorry not sure.

Lots of ranges allow them, not many are long enough to be worth while. I shoot mine st the club in my sig all the time, only 300yds though.

Define Southern Mass. Wallum Lake in Burrillville, RI allows .50BMG on their rifle range for members. At least they did when I was there.

Wallum Lake still lets members use .50BMG on the outdoor range (max 200 yds.) If you are a masochist, could try indoors at American Firearm School in North Attleboro. They let my nephew shoot his prone a couple years ago. Probably should check before heading there.

Devens supposedly has a long range but I can't get a definite answer on whether it's open to the public or not. Harvard allows qualified members to shoot .50 BMG at 300 yards but it's probably too far north and too much trouble if you're not already a member there.

Lots of ranges allow them, not many are long enough to be worth while. I shoot mine st the club in my sig all the time, only 300yds though.

Agreed, most ranges that don’t have a lot of restrictions are 100 or 200 yards. With a .50, those ranges are only fun if they let you blow things up (engine blocks are kind of fun).

300 yds is basically like plinking with an M107A1 like I have, but better than nothing. I have an 80lb 3/4" thick laser cut AR500 steel target I had made that I use with it. Rings it like a dinner bell. I wouldn't shoot it closer than 300 that's for sure. I let a couple tracers go at it once just to see the trajectory at 300yds, it's basically a laser straight line, I doubt the bullet even crosses the bore axis yet at 300yds.

Wallum Lake still lets members use .50BMG on the outdoor range (max 200 yds.) If you are a masochist, could try indoors at American Firearm School in North Attleboro. They let my nephew shoot his prone a couple years ago. Probably should check before heading there.

I might have been there that day. About two years ago there was a guy shooting a 50BMG prone. I had earplugs and ear muffs on and it was still brutal. The lights flickered every time he fired it.

Back
Top Bottom