50 BMG hunting deer

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P3uwl5HzzQ

This was pretty scary, if you skip to the end, the deer was killed but the bullet didn't actually hit it, apparently just the shockwave of the 50 BMH round as it went close to the head killed it.

I remember being told in the army that a close miss with a .50 will still kill a dude. Never actually got to fire one though.

Where / when did this nonsense about the bullet shock wave scrambling brains start? Debunked:

The shock wave from the muzzle blast is indeed impressive, however. The rearward blast from the brake will knock over a large cup of Dunks if it's on the next bench over and in the path of the blast. Last winter I knocked loose a foot of snow off the roof of our shooting structure- shock wave probably made the low roof jump a bit. The muzzle shock wave has been known to cause nose bleeds and it's definitely a blow to the sinuses. Down range? LOL, no. Just your usual bullet 'crack'.

Based on the video I don't see anything wrong. Deer is harvested. Even the body shot is mostly a usable animal. Not a hunter myself so maybe I just don't get it but plenty of "sportsman" lose deer they actually hit, that's not any better. I would not want to lug a 30 lb rifle around but whatever it is working for him.

I saw this video a while ago and after watching it at 1/4 speed I came to the conclusion that he actually hit it in the mouth. If you look closely you can see some material fly off the mouth and on the close up of the head there is some damage to the lips. So it looks to me like the deer’s mouth was slightly open when the bullet hit and that shock through the teeth into the skull killed it. Whenever I miss with my .50 BMG I just miss. I’ve never seen any kind of “shockwave” damage.

I saw this video a while ago and after watching it at 1/4 speed I came to the conclusion that he actually hit it in the mouth. If you look closely you can see some material fly off the mouth and on the close up of the head there is some damage to the lips. So it looks to me like the deer’s mouth was slightly open when the bullet hit and that shock through the teeth into the skull killed it. Whenever I miss with my .50 BMG I just miss. I’ve never seen any kind of “shockwave” damage.
Exactly this. Thank you. I watched over and over and I wish he would show the mouth

Back
Top Bottom