• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

50 BMG Friendly Clubs

Bob J

NES Member
Am in the process of buying a 50BMG and my current club would prefer I not shoot it there since it is in a heavily residential area....

Are there any recommended clubs that are not too far a drive from Quincy that I can join that would not have a problem with this beast?

Would prefer something with a range longer than 100 yards but anything is better than nothing..... [thinking]

Good lord! I'm not out in that direction so I can't chime in but I certainly hope you find at least a 200 yd range.
You'll need a 300 or 500+ for that baby!

Good lord! I'm not out in that direction so I can't chime in but I certainly hope you find at least a 200 yd range.
You'll need a 300 or 500+ for that baby!

Thanks! Have just about everything set up to load for this guy but am still waiting on the upper to arrive and the steel recoil tube....

Kinda hard to do load development if you don't have a place to shoot it....[thinking]

Will post pics of the build when I get everything together.....[wink]

Thanks! Have just about everything set up to load for this guy but am still waiting on the upper to arrive and the steel recoil tube....

Kinda hard to do load development if you don't have a place to shoot it....[thinking]

Will post pics of the build when I get everything together.....[wink]

excellent! [devil2]

Harvard Sportsmens Club, up to 300yd

but it is a bit of hike from Quincy... it's near Route 2 and I-495

Westwood Gun Club allows .50 BMG. Most days it is at 100 yards. But twice a month they open the longer ranges up to 250 yards.

I'm glad to have you as a guest anytime you want to play. We shot my Barrett M99 there last weekend and it was a BLAST!!! teehee...

Best,

Rich

I like Westwood as it is 10 mins away but Ames is pretty sweet.

No qualifying needed either for the 300yd either.

I like Westwood as it is 10 mins away but Ames is pretty sweet.

No qualifying needed either for the 300yd either.

These are my thoughts exactly.... Have heard great things about Harvard but it'd be a huge commute.... Westwood sounds awesome and is close but the 300 (250?) yard range is sounds like it is only open certain times of the month.... Unless someone knows of any other good possibilities will probably go with Ames..... It's reasonably close and the facilities sound really nice.....

Much appreciate all the inputs.....[wink]

As promised here is the BOHICA.... Can't wait to shoot it... This thing is huge! [smile]

Attachments

• Bohica1.JPG
    Bohica1.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Bohica2.JPG
    Bohica2.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Bohica3.JPG
    Bohica3.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 115
As promised here is the BOHICA.... Can't wait to shoot it... This thing is huge! [smile]

haha! when I was aboard the USS Nimitz, there were "unofficial" bumper stickers floating around available to the crew that said "BOHICA-Our Screws Never Stop Turning".
I havent seen the BOHICA term since...

If you don't have a place to shoot it, Bob, then just sell it to me!!!! <<<evil laugh>>>

LOL! As long as you aren't tempted to use if for one of your nefarious projects...... You could probably shoot down the a space shuttle with this thing.... It really is huge.....[smile]

haha! when I was aboard the USS Nimitz, there were "unofficial" bumper stickers floating around available to the crew that said "BOHICA-Our Screws Never Stop Turning".
I havent seen the BOHICA term since...

I know.... You really have to wonder what they were thinking.... Cool gun though! [wink]

Last edited:
You mean to tell me you haven't picked a bird or squirrel off the tree in your back yard with that yet? It would be so hard to resist! [wink]

LOL! I have to admit it is really tempting..... The bullets probably weigh more than the squirrels..... [smile]

Last edited:
Westwood Gun Club allows .50 BMG. Most days it is at 100 yards. But twice a month they open the longer ranges up to 250 yards.

I'm glad to have you as a guest anytime you want to play. We shot my Barrett M99 there last weekend and it was a BLAST!!! teehee...

Best,

Rich

Rich,
Is your offer still open? Would love to take a look at Westwood....[wink]

Am in the process of buying a 50BMG and my current club would prefer I not shoot it there since it is in a heavily residential area....

Are there any recommended clubs that are not too far a drive from Quincy that I can join that would not have a problem with this beast?

Would prefer something with a range longer than 100 yards but anything is better than nothing..... [thinking]

Holbrook Sportsman's Club allows 50 BMG and has a 200 yard range

its sad that there are no decent ranges that have more than 300 yds and you have to deal with a lot of scrutiny, especially when one is knowledgable on weapons!!! why jump through hoops to get in a club? i'm sure the ones who know what they're doing can weed out those who dont!!

What does that have anything to do with MA politics? Club rules in MA are pretty much independent of that. There are lots of clubs in NH and other free states with similar rules or limitations. A lot of clubs more or less leave you alone after you get in. There are a bunch of clubs in MA that allow the 50 with no problems... only downer is a lot of them don't have a lot of long ranges.

ETA: And yes, I'm well aware there are plenty of annoying clubs in MA, too, but there are so many to choose from you don't need to belong to one that has dumb rules.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom