• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

5 weeks later....

I applied to the Mansfield PD for my LTC-A license about 5 weeks ago and today IT ARRIVED IN THE MAIL! NO RESTRICTIONS! WOOHOO! now its time to pick out my first gun. I'm thinking I wanna get a Sig 239 or similar. My other thought was to save and buy an AR (this was the gun I learned to shoot on) in case it gets banned soon. Any advice?

the AR will be banned long before the sig 239... if the sig 239 is every banned. Get the one that has the shortest projected life first.

Rich

Tough decision. You'll probably have more uses for the pistol, but may not be able to get the AR when you're ready.

I think in your situation, and knowing what I know now, I'd go for the AR, and get a handgun later. The AR will be most likely to be banned or restricted from private sale. There are so many handguns in the pipeline, it will take longer for the .gov to go after or restrict all of them.

just my .02 cents

Back
Top Bottom