5.7 pistols

shakti

NES Member
Hi folks,

I am seeing a lot of interesting 5.7x28mm pistols coming to the market.. I am interested in hearing from anyone who has experience with owning and shooting 5.7s

What have you shot?
  1. FN 57
  2. Ruger 57
  3. PSA 57
  4. S&W M&P 57
  5. Other (please state which one)
How did you like it?
How much did it cost?
Anything else about the 5.7 that is interesting for the reader

Thank you!!

Fun flat shooting low recoil round

Ive shot a fn nice gun

whats your use case fun gun

Id recommend a pmr30 huge fireball and just a cooler experience and way cheaper

If it's for defense id probably just say get a 9mm cheaper and easier to find

I mean if you have to have to have one you can get a palmetto state together for 350-400 bucks and a full size 9 frame if you wait for the right deal

I've had a ruger 5.7 was impressed with the build on it but these are long guns

FN FiveseveN pistol. Very accurate and a lot of fun to shoot. Low recoil. If you compete, an extra step to "Show clear and hammer down" because there is a mag safety so you have to drop your mag and then insert an empty mag to pull the trigger. I think mine was about $1600 LNIB. The ammo can get very expensive during ammo shortages so if you buy one get into the habit of a regular buying cycle.

FN FiveseveN pistol. Very accurate and a lot of fun to shoot. Low recoil. If you compete, an extra step to "Show clear and hammer down" because there is a mag safety so you have to drop your mag and then insert an empty mag to pull the trigger. I think mine was about $1600 LNIB. The ammo can get very expensive during ammo shortages so if you buy one get into the habit of a regular buying cycle.
Do all FNs have magazine safety? Yuck

Been shooting the FN for several years. At that time easiest way to get one to find someone who owned it and moved to Mass. Paid $300 over MSRP.
Deactivated the mag interlock, greatly improved the trigger.
FN is easy and fun to shoot. Great gun for a newbie after they pass the .22lr stage. Very little recoil or muzzle flip. I also shoot the FN PS90.
Ammo price is step but I frequently find bargains and then stocks up.

Back
Top Bottom