• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

5.56 bent casing.

jron

NES Member
So I have noticed this online and first hand at the range with my Tavor. The spent casings have a bend at the (throat) of the casing. One side is flat. I was curious to see if this affected the casings in any major way as far as ability to be reloaded. I do not reload at this time but I keep my all my brass since I have to clean up my mess anyway.

I was hoping someone could chime in if this is a simple issue to fix when it comes to reloading the casings or if Im wasting my time picking them up and keeping them.

Here is a picture of 3 spent casings from my Tavor on top and 3 spent casings from an AR (normal rounded) on the bottom.

I've seen tons of range pickup NATO brass fired from A2's with that little ding on the case mouth - pretty sure it's just the way they landed.

I would say those should be fine. .... want to see some dinged up brass you should see my garand cases. They seem to recover very well. I put the real bad ones in a container when its full I have a a home made tool that pre shapes the case mouth a bit before I resize it

throws out brass sideways not as far as an AR seems like the AR really flings them, the tavor seems to not toss it as far. as far as how they hit the ground I didnt notice when my brother was shooting it, I was shooting the 12 guage. [grin]

Thanks guys Ill add them to the pile and keep adding them. I have almost all my brass Ive shot up.

The brass hits that little nub rear of ejection port. Sometimes the case mouth hits hit more/harder. See if you can find slowxmotion video of the brass ejecting.

Obviously a defective Tavor. I will handle getting rid of it for you. PM sent with FFL info.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Back
Top Bottom