• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

5/15/20 - Could be a big SCOTUS announcement

no it hasn’t , easy don’t beat your wife.
This is a very myopic view of the issue - you don't need to beat your wife to get burned, simply bumping into a covered person who is blocking your way while trying to leave a bad situation is enough if you don't have the resources to defend yourself.

I have been reading some info on Trey Gowdy And would NOT want him on the supreme court!! Talks and barks a good story but has not done anything and has even fought against subpoenas.

Fock Trey Gowdy, seriously, he is pathetic. Doesn't do anything. He's been sitting on the info that would fully exonerate Trump and Flynn et al, but did shit about it. He's worthless.

I have been reading some info on Trey Gowdy And would NOT want him on the supreme court!! Talks and barks a good story but has not done anything and has even fought against subpoenas.

Every time I see him, I see a 40yo Zell Miller. LOL. He was a hoot.

From the article:

“There’s clearly a number of justices on the court who want to see the court clarify the scope of the Second Amendment.“

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. All gun laws are henceforth null and void. If you are imprisoned or on parole, no. If you are illegal you can buy, but immediately deported. NICS can stay - but the ‘I’ means instant, not days or weeks.

Fock Trey Gowdy, seriously, he is pathetic. Doesn't do anything. He's been sitting on the info that would fully exonerate Trump and Flynn et al, but did shit about it. He's worthless.
Every time I see him, I see a 40yo Zell Miller. LOL. He was a hoot.
Trey is a confusing person. He talks a good game and puts on a great show. I love to watch him bashing and tearing apart a corrupt leftist know-nothing official. Him going after former FBI agent Strzok was legendary. [thumbsup]

But then it all ends. Nothing ever becomes of it. The corrupt leftists still get away with all their illegal, immoral, thieving mischief. You wonder how can that be? [hmmm] Then someone will point out that it was not Trey's job to prosecute and convict them. It was only Trey's job to expose them. [thinking]

So where does that leave us in regard to Trey... good solid guy vs. noisey but ineffective windbag? I don't know. [thinking]

Gonna have to wait and see, maybe will have orders on Monday from today conference.

NICS can stay - but the ‘I’ means instant, not days or weeks.

That's a really good point. What does scotus say that a police stop should not last more than 20 minutes? That's how long (on the long side that is) the nics take should require. I think this is being overly generous as it is, but 'delay' should be about 20 minutes long.

I can fill volumes with the tales of men who had 209A orders pulled on them as part of divorce proceedings without so much as one C hair of evidence to back it up

So...you relocate out of state and leave no forwarding address. Start a new life in a place where you are completely unknown and no one gives a shit about you. Better than hanging around MA and waiting to get kicked in the ass a second time.

So...you relocate out of state and leave no forwarding address. Start a new life in a place where you are completely unknown and no one gives a shit about you. Better than hanging around MA and waiting to get kicked in the ass a second time.

Once a 209A is entered and active, it goes in the Federal database and you are a prohibited person until it is recalled/expired.

If you are convicted of any assault with domestic attached to the name, even a misdemenor, you are FUBAR'd for life, even in constitutional carry states they word the law that prohibited persons do not get to carry a weapon.

Even a restraining order as part of a divorce decree in MA (208 order) screws you for life, until she drops dead or you get a modification.

You would have to move to Mars to get any relief legally.

Sure there are ways for people to obtain guns, and we know what they are and I am not going to list them off here for obvious reasons, but I would say there are more than a few people in this country, that are good fine upstanding citizens with the exception of a vindictive ex wife or GF that pulled paper on them, who have found a way to arm themselves in their homes who know that if push comes to shove, and they use the gun to defend themselves in what would otherwise be a legal use of deadly force, they are looking at long Federal prison visit for doing what you and I would walk away from with no charges.

the AVERAGE sentence is 64 months, the max penalty is 15 years

That is a decision no person should have to make IMHO

Are these "decisions" whether or not to take up 2a cases?

Or have these cases already been taken up by SCOTUS and are actually going to issue a ruling?

I recall this is the season where all kinds of rulings are made.

I'm just trying to consider how much emotional energy I should put into this.

Are these "decisions" whether or not to take up 2a cases?

Or have these cases already been taken up by SCOTUS and are actually going to issue a ruling?

I recall this is the season where all kinds of rulings are made.

I'm just trying to consider how much emotional energy I should put into this.
The orders will be whether they decided to take up a 2A case. The opinions are the rulings on cases they’ve heard.

Trey is a confusing person. He talks a good game and puts on a great show. I love to watch him bashing and tearing apart a corrupt leftist know-nothing official. Him going after former FBI agent Strzok was legendary. [thumbsup]

But then it all ends. Nothing ever becomes of it. The corrupt leftists still get away with all their illegal, immoral, thieving mischief. You wonder how can that be? [hmmm] Then someone will point out that it was not Trey's job to prosecute and convict them. It was only Trey's job to expose them. [thinking]

So where does that leave us in regard to Trey... good solid guy vs. noisey but ineffective windbag? I don't know. [thinking]

He is a swamp protector. He is the perfect foil to give the illusion of the rule of law.

Oh, and a close tie-for-first, first-second, I guess, would be the yet-published petition to tell the ATF to collect their tax and STFU. It's not a suitability restriction, it's a tax. Pay the tax, get the stamp (like a duck stamp or a postage stamp) and pick up your item. Period. End of problems.

A tax assessed upon a right is repugnant to the Constitution. 1965 Supreme Court decision Harman v. Forssenius. Those weren't their words but that was their reasoning.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. All gun laws are henceforth null and void. If you are imprisoned or on parole, no.

A man who cannot be trusted with a gun cannot be trusted without a custodian.

NICS can stay - but the ‘I’ means instant, not days or weeks.

Chief Justice Earl Warren (in the school desegregation cases): "Justice delayed is justice denied."

Howland: Even if it were instant it is still prior restraint.

Once a 209A is entered and active, it goes in the Federal database and you are a prohibited person until it is recalled/expired.

If you are convicted of any assault with domestic attached to the name, even a misdemenor, you are FUBAR'd for life, even in constitutional carry states they word the law that prohibited persons do not get to carry a weapon.

Even a restraining order as part of a divorce decree in MA (208 order) screws you for life, until she drops dead or you get a modification.

Sure there are ways for people to obtain guns, and we know what they are and I am not going to list them off here for obvious reasons, but I would say there are more than a few people in this country, that are good fine upstanding citizens with the exception of a vindictive ex wife or GF that pulled paper on them, who have found a way to arm themselves in their homes who know that if push comes to shove, and they use the gun to defend themselves in what would otherwise be a legal use of deadly force, they are looking at long Federal prison visit for doing what you and I would walk away from with no charges.

64 months vs. being murdered or permanently crippled by a violent criminal. No-brainer. I would risk the 64 months and make damned sure I fatally shoot my assailant. At least the criminal won't be around to testify against me!

Last edited:
He is a swamp protector. He is the perfect foil to give the illusion of the rule of law.
Gowdy is a train wreck outside of a couple choice and very public comments.
I get the viewpoint even though I wouldn't go quite that far. The problem is that when you start to talk about a Supreme Count position, you have got to find someone who 100% solid as the Rock of Gibraltar... and that is not Trey. Trey has shown a weird tendency to wander off the program at the oddest times. I could see him doing the same at the Supreme Court... unfortunately. [thinking]

Trey would be up there as a pick for SCOTUS right along with Goober Graham.......like hell no, never......somewhere after mickey mouse
Just to be clear, I don't think that Trey is ever going to be nominated for a position on the Supreme Court, so it is all kind of a moot point. I like the guy for his well-known ability to tear apart and embarrass filthy corrupt, lying leftist government officials, but that is behind him now. He's a talking head now by choice, no doubt pulling in some nice $$$. I wish him well in his new career.

The whole problem with Senate or Congressional investigations is that they have NO POWER OF ARREST. That's delegated to other branches of government - enforcement.

Back
Top Bottom