• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

5.11 Tactical

Anyone have anything from 5.11? I bought some TDU Pants last year.. and they have to be without question the best cargo/tactical pants I've ever worn..

BUT.. I've since tried to order more.. 4 web sites.. and nearly 7 weeks later.. no luck..

Not sure if I have dealt with a worst company now.. [thinking] best pants.. but worst CS to deal with...

Anyone dealt with 5.11? Any recommendations on other tactical/cargo style pants?

I've found that the pants are very comfortable and wear very well. The last ones I bought came from US Cavalry via Amazon. Good price and quick shipping.

Gary

Try LA Police gear. I just bought 6 pairs of the canvas navy blue Tactical pants on clearance for 17.99 each

Me too, at 4 pairs. I ordered my first two about a month ago when they were on clearance at $19.99 ea. I had never tried them before. I was extremely impressed with them so I ordered 2 more and they had been reduced to the $17.99 price. I'm very happy with the navy blue. They are hard to tell from black or charcoal gray, they are so dark. I was worried they would be a lighter shade and look silly. Not so at all. L.A. Policegear has great clearance sales on 5.11 gear.

I like the 5.11 stuff. I have several uniform items from them including boots, polo shirts and a fleece style jacket. The boots are wicked comfortable but they are a little too warm.

we wear 511 pants and shirts everyday at work. the pants are decent pants no doubt but the only thing I HATE about them is your wallet rides down on the bottom of your leg for crying out loud and I hate it when riding in a vehicle because you are sitting on it all the time. Very uncomfortable. However you do get used to it and its good for wallet retention I just dont like the feel of it.
But like I said, you get used to it after a while.

Good quality clothes

I have bought stuff from bdu.com and they have been great. They don't have 5.11 pants but I really like their tactical pants which are very similar. They are made by "Propper" and the quality is great. I have referred several friends to www.bdu.com and we have all been happy, repeat customers.
tac-pants-comp.jpg

Last edited:
My physical therapist forbids me from sitting on my wallet. So my wallet rides in my right front cargo pocket.

:) same here...

Shhhhhhh [wink] Building 19 has 5.11 right now for $9.99....

The ones I have I gotten from LAPolice gear and 511 direct.. I ordered from 511tactical.com and after a week.. I tried to call and get the status.. a week later I got ahold of a live person... everything was backorder ed.. long store short... I hate them... same goes for gearzoneproducts.com [sad2] trying to save a few $$$ always seems to turn into a big headache!

Thanks for the info everyone!

I have bought stuff from bdu.com and they have been great. They don't have 5.11 pants but I really like their tactical pants which are very similar. They are made by "Propper" and the quality is great. I have referred several friends to www.bdu.com and we have all been happy, repeat customers.
tac-pants-comp.jpg

Have you bought any of the "Tactical Pants"? Looks like they have some elastic.. I need elastic.. some days after the chinese buffet you know it just helps.. [wink]

opps.. just noticed the little comparison chart.. lol ty

Cobble, how do these run for sizes? Do they run big, small, long, short, compared to normal? I want to try them out but getting the right size the first time with online pants is tough.

Cobble, how do these run for sizes? Do they run big, small, long, short, compared to normal? I want to try them out but getting the right size the first time with online pants is tough.

I'm with you.. They look like they would be nice.. I might call them tomorrow and see how they are sized.. they show it has action stretch.. but they are sized like regular pants sizes...

Love the color choices a lot better then 5.11 I have to say...

They seem to run pretty true to me. I ordered my size (which aint small) and they fit great. They've been through the wash a few times and didn't seem to shrink any. A buddy bought some and he thought they ran a little small. I personally think they are spot on or little to the big side.

What would he say about moving your wallet to the front pocket so you sit on your Seecamp all day??

Here's what I wrote, with added emphasis:

My physical therapist forbids me from sitting on my wallet. So my wallet rides in my right front cargo pocket.

My right front pocket is still available for pocket carry.

Went to Worc store tonight. They do in fact have a rack of 5.11s for $10. They have about 20 pairs left. Green and brown mostly. A couple of black and khaki. They are the Type A and Type B uniform pant. One has cargo pockets and one does not. The one without only has the flashlight pockets on the hamstring area. Random sizes too. A bunch of 32-36 waist and 32-34 inseam.

Got a few pairs to try out but they are not the most stylin pants.

They are these (not sure of material though, I think they are the rayon):

http://www.511tactical.com/511-mens-b-class-uniform-pant-polyrayon-44058.html

and

http://www.511tactical.com/511-mens-a-class-uniform-pant-polyrayon-44059.html

Last edited:
Another +1 for LAPoliceGear. I've ordered stuff from them a half dozen times now. They rock. I got some 5.11 pants from them, as well... but I'm more of a jeans guy.

Back
Top Bottom