• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

5.11 operator belt

I was at Fort Sill to see my son graduate from basic training and while at the PX I saw that they sold 5.11 products. I would likely never wear any of their clothing, except maybe the cargo shorts, because most of their line screams airsoft mall ninja. Though, I noticed they sold nylon belts that look a lot like the nylon belts that come with casual shorts, only thick and rigid as hell. For $40 I bought one and I have to say I'm very impressed. I've only ever worn Walmart belts and this is the first dedicated gun belt I've worn. So far it's a big difference. No sag at all on the side the gun is worn and it keeps it nice and snug against my body, which in turn conceals it more effectively. I do have a horsehide belt on order from thebeltman.net, but it's not due in for a few more weeks, and the horsehide belt is more than twice the cost. For anyone looking for a decent gun belt for a reasonable price I highly recommend the 5.11 operator belt.

I have their double duty TDU belt, I'm pretty impressed for a $20 belt. Just as rigid as my more expensive wilderness belt.

dose TDU has velcro on the end like their Trainer belt does?
i have very similar (to TDU) belt and it has not velcto and as i o about my day, buckle slowly start to loosen. i have to re-tighten it once in a while which is pain. velcro seems like a great idea to prevent belt from slipping loose.

never mind. found this video explaining the feature of all three belts:

[video=youtube_share;XqeJCa1GPkQ]http://youtu.be/XqeJCa1GPkQ[/video]

Last edited:
I was at Fort Sill to see my son graduate from basic training and while at the PX I saw that they sold 5.11 products. I would likely never wear any of their clothing, except maybe the cargo shorts, because most of their line screams airsoft mall ninja. Though, I noticed they sold nylon belts that look a lot like the nylon belts that come with casual shorts, only thick and rigid as hell. For $40 I bought one and I have to say I'm very impressed. I've only ever worn Walmart belts and this is the first dedicated gun belt I've worn. So far it's a big difference. No sag at all on the side the gun is worn and it keeps it nice and snug against my body, which in turn conceals it more effectively. I do have a horsehide belt on order from thebeltman.net, but it's not due in for a few more weeks, and the horsehide belt is more than twice the cost. For anyone looking for a decent gun belt for a reasonable price I highly recommend the 5.11 operator belt.
I agree. +1

Very durable.

Back
Top Bottom