4th Generation Glock

just one more thing the MA residents will never be able to buy new, and it will take a while for a few used ones to make it to the FTF market, albeit at 150% of MSRP.

I thought the RTF2 was the new gen of glocks. I know the 22 and 17 both have it now.

It is, but they seem to be in a constant state of mutation.

For example, the G21SF is the only one that has an ambi release capability (Well, at least for the 21SFs with that capability) yet other magazines are appearing with the notches, as if the intent is to make every new Glock ambi capable.

-Mike

just one more thing the MA residents will never be able to buy new, and it will take a while for a few used ones to make it to the FTF market, albeit at 150% of MSRP.

and that is a conservative estimate

I thought the RTF2 was the new gen of glocks. I know the 22 and 17 both have it now.

As I understand it, the RTF2, like the SF models, are just variations of third gens.

For example, the G21SF is the only one that has an ambi release capability (Well, at least for the 21SFs with that capability) yet other magazines are appearing with the notches, as if the intent is to make every new Glock ambi capable.
I think Glock might be future-proofing their magazines just in case there is demand for ambi's. I am surprised that the 21SF is still the only one with the ambi release though. The mags my 26 came with (bought late last year) have the ambi release notch cut out as well and i've seen the notches on new Glock 17 magazines as well.

The Ambi-Mag release Glocks are out in Europe. Not all the models though. If I recall the 21 and 21SF 17, 19, 26, 22, 23, 27?

Last edited:
OK ladies and gentlemen.

I had the PLEASURE of handling and totally playing with one of the new 4th Gen Glocks today at the Armorer's Course.

All I can say is WOW, I am buying one... maybe more.

I have small paws and the standard glock frame has always been slightly too large for me. With these new frames with the interchangable backstrap you can get the size you want. I am obviously a fan of NO backstrap attachment, which is SMALLER than the current 3rd gen frame sizes. It fits like a glove.

The new frames have a new grip too. It is a good grip and it is NOT the RTF grip. I played with an RTF Glock 22 there also and it felt like grabbing a catus. Also those new serations are not only facing the WRONG way, but they look dumb too.

THe 4th gen keeps the tradional slide serations, and the new grip is great.

Also the Magazine release button is larger and is easier to reach without having to "re-grip" the pistol to drop the mag.

Right now these new 4th gen versions are available for angency sales, but induvidual sales will be available after they release it at the SHOT Show next year, so come Feb, I am totally ordering AT LEAST one. [smile]

OK ladies and gentlemen.

I had the PLEASURE of handling and totally playing with one of the new 4th Gen Glocks today at the Armorer's Course.

All I can say is WOW, I am buying one... maybe more.

I have small paws and the standard glock frame has always been slightly too large for me. With these new frames with the interchangable backstrap you can get the size you want. I am obviously a fan of NO backstrap attachment, which is SMALLER than the current 3rd gen frame sizes. It fits like a glove.

The new frames have a new grip too. It is a good grip and it is NOT the RTF grip. I played with an RTF Glock 22 there also and it felt like grabbing a catus. Also those new serations are not only facing the WRONG way, but they look dumb too.

THe 4th gen keeps the tradional slide serations, and the new grip is great.

Also the Magazine release button is larger and is easier to reach without having to "re-grip" the pistol to drop the mag.

Right now these new 4th gen versions are available for angency sales, but induvidual sales will be available after they release it at the SHOT Show next year, so come Feb, I am totally ordering AT LEAST one. [smile]

How about the cross bolt safety? That would be a BIG turn off for me.

How about the cross bolt safety? That would be a BIG turn off for me.

No such thing on this one. This was your standard Glock with three internal safeties.

All the talk about the "MA compliant model with external safety" is still up in the air. I asked the instructor and regional LE sales rep about that and they said Glock was "testing models with the safety" but nothing about MA compliant models.

The external safety thing is not a priority, and like I said, this model was your good old tradional glock frame; NO weird external safety.

I also asked the question alot of people have wanted and ME in particular about: a single stack 9mm compact (like PM9, or PPS etc)

They basically said Glock would never make it. I was sad. [sad]

No such thing on this one. This was your standard Glock with three internal safeties.

All the talk about the "MA compliant model with external safety" is still up in the air. I asked the instructor and regional LE sales rep about that and they said Glock was "testing models with the safety" but nothing about MA compliant models.

The external safety thing is not a priority, and like I said, this model was your good old tradional glock frame; NO weird external safety.

I also asked the question alot of people have wanted and ME in particular about: a single stack 9mm compact (like PM9, or PPS etc)

They basically said Glock would never make it. I was sad. [sad]

Ahh, that's good to hear about the safety. There was a picture posted here and on glock talk showing a Portuguese department issued pistols with cross bolt safeties, made me (and others) a little nervous.

How is that? AFAIK there arent even photos released yet.

Im very interested in seeing this new design

I knew I should have taken that armorer's course. A few range guys have been hinting that new Glocks were coming in December.

They told me they are taking orders for them currently.

However, Glock is like 63,000 pistols on back order as of this month, so maybe if your angency orders them now, they are projected to arrive by next year? lol.

They told me they are taking orders for them currently.

However, Glock is like 63,000 pistols on back order as of this month, so maybe if your angency orders them now, they are projected to arrive by next year? lol.

so now for the real question, you snap any quick photos on your phone?

There are plenty of photos. The latest issue of Guns&Ammo: Handguns has a 6 page article reviewing the 4th Gen Glock 22, it's actually the cover story. I read it last night, very informative.

so now for the real question, you snap any quick photos on your phone?

LOL, not of the 4th Gen, or the RTF.

I did take one random pic to send to my buddy:

PIC-0030.jpg

[smile]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom