• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

4th amendment violation

read an article posted to FB from Worcester PD about how they found a gun on a 17 year old but while reading the article the whole thing seemed dirty, kid walking down the street "looking suspicious" then gets stopped frisked and gets his bag taken and searched.

WPD Gang Unit on Patrol Confiscates Gun off of 17 year Old Male
Worcester, MA (February 24, 2015) - On Monday, February 23, 2015 members of the Worcester Police Gang Unit were patrolling in the Main South area. The gang officers were in the area due to the many complaints that the department receives from citizens within the community. The complaints received mainly address quality of life issues. As a result, localized police enforcement was selected for this area.
At approximately 4:10 PM, two gang unit officers were in an unmarked police vehicle in heavy traffic in the area of 674 Main Street. The officers observed a grey vehicle stop in the middle of the road, disregarding the flow of traffic, to allow a male to exit the vehicle. The male then began to walk on the sidewalk. This action got the attention of the officers.
The officers drove parallel to the male as he walked on the sidewalk. The male, later identified as a 17-year-old Worcester juvenile, observed the officers and immediately exhibited signs of distress. The male turned the right side of his body in an attempt to shield that side from the officers. The male also looked nervous at the sight of the police and attempted to shield his face.
The officers became suspicious with the juveniles behavior. The officers stopped their vehicle and approached the male and identified themselves. The male provided his name but did not have identification on him. Because of his nervous demeanor, the officers became concerned that he may have been lying to conceal his identity to avoid arrest. At this time the officers conducted a pat frisk of the juvenile. The juvenile was carrying a backpack. The officers felt the outside of the backpack and felt the outline of a handgun. The officers opened the backpack and discovered a loaded .22 caliber handgun.
The juvenile was placed under arrest and transported to police headquarters for booking. The juvenile, an admitted local gang member, was charged with Carrying a Firearm without a License, Carrying a Loaded Firearm without a License and Possession of Ammunition without a License.
The juvenile will be arraigned at the Worcester County District Courthouse on a date yet to be determined.

then find this survey online after my dimwitted brother posted it on FB
http://turtleboysports.com/hippies-mad-worcester-police-arrested-gangster-with-gun/

I love the way they leave the question so vauge to help skew their side. What say you fine people of NES help skew it back

Yup. Nice, unbiased poll:

Should the police have the right to stop and frisk suspicious looking people who may be dangerous?

• Yes, obviously
  • No, criminals should have more rights

- - - Updated - - -

Not interested in giving any more publicity to (another) anonymous blogger.

Clearly he looked suspicious, his eyes shiftily darting side to side, the popped collar of his trench coat, and his obsessive twisting of that long thin curly mustache was a dead giveaway.

He got out of a car AND he walked on a sidewalk. He was obviously up to something.

And he acted strangely when two grown men in plain clothes and an unmarked car started checking him out?

The only thing more frightening then unlawful police searches/frisks is the wealth of sheeple who support them.

Voted! What a dumb ass question. But if you think like they do - that everyone is a potential criminal and should be stopped - then the answer is clear. Criminals do need more rights!

What defines acting suspicious? I've gotten out of cars and walked on a sidewalk before, many times. Do I fit the profile of a gang banger?
While I hate to see illegal guns on the street, I hope the kid walks away with the charges dropped because the cops think they can do what they want and bypass our rights as citizens.

Back
Top Bottom