4Patriots Product Shipment Problems

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
She who's name must not be spoken just called me about a shipment from 4Patriots she just received. Apparently it was the 4-Week Survival Food Kit which is packaged in a plastic tub. She opened it and found that numerous bags were split or sliced open, especially the powdered milk, and the inside of the tub was a complete mess. She said she took pictures but her description "sounds" like someone sabotaged her order. Two (?) 72-Hour kits with it seemed to be okay.

It also took three weeks to get here (not unusual considering the run on survival food). She is having problems getting through to the company to let them know what happened.

I had to strongly advise her to call her credit card company (it was her bank debit card) and ask them to reverse the charge due to the damage.

Has anyone here seen or heard of such problems with shipments? Based on how she described everything it appears to have happened at the source.

Just recently got (2) 72-hour kits, they were fine, but I've heard there are more problems with the bigger kits. It's at least partly a supply/demand issue. Definitely expect to wait a while. I check the Better Business Bureau information on any company I'm going to buy food from. It's a bit of a pain, as you have to search in the city/state where the company's headquarters is, not necessarily where the food is shipped from. It's kind of eye-opening reading. Does anyone know of a GOOD company?

amendment: Both Legacy Food storage and Augason Farms have good BBB ratings, but in these times, I expect you'll have to wait whatever the company

I got the trial pack from 4Patriots, and found it to be the worst dried food of the 4 or 5 types the wife and I have purchased. Learning to avoid anything with "patriot" in it as it seems to be a ploy designed to hit us in the feels. Mountain House is awesome, but expensive, but Wise foods and the above mentioned are a lot better than the patriot starch.

I’ve purchased these in the past when on sale, flimsy packaging and the meals don’t really look all that great. Wouldn’t purchase again, can do better on my own with buckets and such.

Back
Top Bottom