• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pre Ban Series 183 Mini 14/Whats it worth?

Whats a pre ban series 183, blued Ruger Mini 14 with a factory folding stock in excellent condition worth?

On series 183, I don't believe there were any factory folding stocks. Only on series 180s were they really factory folders. You can tell a fake factory folder from the gas block. The sling clip will be at the bottom instead of the left side. Granted, someone could have easily replaced it, but very rarely do they. Also, call ruger with the serial number and you can get them to tell you if it was a from the factory folder. A pre-ban 183 is likely worth $800-900. Although I just picked on up a 182 for $400 but it was in bad condition. A pre-ban factory 180 folder is usually about $1500. But it is really worth what someone will pay in the end and there could be some premium for a forgery, since it may be nice to have a factory folder stock on any mini-14.

Thanks for the info. The stock is correct for a factory folder, now I just need to find if it was suposed to be on that gun. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the info. The stock is correct for a factory folder, now I just need to find if it was suposed to be on that gun. Thanks for the help.

Just to be clear, the folding stock is probably a ruger stock. The gas block is separate and people don't swap the gas block when they swap the stock. The sling mount is on the left side on the folder, so it should be on the left side of the gas block on stuff that left the factory but on most rifles where the stock was swapped, the sling mount is under the gas block, which is in line with where it is on a fixed stock rifle. That's one preliminary way of determining a stock swap.

Just to be clear, the folding stock is probably a ruger stock. The gas block is separate and people don't swap the gas block when they swap the stock. The sling mount is on the left side on the folder, so it should be on the left side of the gas block on stuff that left the factory but on most rifles where the stock was swapped, the sling mount is under the gas block, which is in line with where it is on a fixed stock rifle. That's one preliminary way of determining a stock swap.

I'll check. I now understand what you where saying.

Back
Top Bottom